Betrayed

"I hate this world..." Noctis grumbles as Reno starts to slowly land the Gummi ship in the atmosphere of the water-filled world ahead of you.

"So do I, but we promised to take it easy this week," Cloud points out.

He, Noctis, and Genesis glance back at you, and you shrink down in your seat.

"Those were Zack's orders, not mine," you mumble.

"Alright, we're landing! Get ready, Gen," Reno calls out from the cockpit.

"Get ready for what?" you ask as Genesis stands up.

He smiles as he glances down at you.

"Oh, you'll see."

There's a flash of bright light in the ship, so blinding that you're forced to close your eyes. A strange sensation starts to take over your body, and your chest feels like it's about to burst on fire. There's a twinge of pain in your legs, and the white light surrounding you suddenly fades to light blue. You open your eyes and practically have a panic attack when you realize that you're floating in the middle of the ocean. You glance down to see a light pink mermaid's fin where your legs used to be, and you're wearing a light pink sea-shell bra with your bare stomach showing.

"Oh... my God," you mutter.

Your gaze snaps up when you spot Noctis, Reno, Genesis, and Cloud swimming towards you. Noctis has a dark blue tail, Genesis has a red one, Reno has a green tail, and Cloud's is light blue.

"Are we mermaids?!" you ask in awe.

"Yeah... Told you that this world blows," Reno responds as he flails around slightly; the other three seem to have taken to swimming better than he.

"Well, now what do we do?" Noctis asks as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Try and look for anything weird. Chances are this world is safe, but it can't hurt," Genesis answers.

"Do you know how to swim?" Cloud asks, looking over at you.

"Yeah, but not as a mermaid!" you say.

They all let out a chuckle as you awkwardly start to flip your fin around and swim in a circle. It was fairly easy for the most part, but it was hard to get past the feeling of having a tail instead of legs. You kept trying to kick your legs, but couldn't.

"You're swimming better than Reno, at least," Noctis tells you with a small smile as the redhead shoots him a glare.

"Okay okay, I get it, I'm a bad swimmer. Let's just hurry up and get out of here," Reno orders as he starts to swim away, his fin spastically flipping behind him as you all snicker quietly.

>> Fast-Forward >>