Saving Sandy Claws

I'm glad that it seems people are enjoying the series~ comments/feedback are always appreciated C:

~Alex

<<<<>>>>><<<<>>>><<<<<>>>>>><<<<<>>>>>

"There's no way I'm staying here, like some child, got it memorized!"

"Hey, that's the rules! You're not going on a mission until we trust you!"

"How can you learn to trust me if you just keep me cooped up?!"

You groan as you finally hop out of bed, unable to handle the bickering any longer. Axel had been fighting with everyone all morning because they refused to let him go on the most current mission, which you were going on with Reno, Riku, and Sora.

"Would you guys just shut up already?!" you ask as you jump off the last few stairs and march into the living room.

Axel, Riku, Reno and Sora all glance up at you, and you glare at them in return. When your eyes land on Axel, however, you can't help but do a double-take. Instead of the typical Organization robes, he was wearing dark blue jeans and a white polo shirt. He looked... shockingly normal.

"C'mon [Name], you trust me! I'm dying to get outta here, to see some action!" Axel pleads, distracting you from your thoughts.

"This isn't about 'action'; it's about saving the worlds!" Sora argues, using air quotes for the word action.

"Okay drama queen, you know what I'm trying to say," Axel mutters with rolled eyes.

"Well, why can't he come with us?" you ask, putting your hands on your hips. "Haven't you guys been trying to get Axel to join us for months? So now he's finally switched sides, but you don't allow him to help?!"

"Well..." Riku trails off as he hangs his head. "... Fine, he can come," he finally agrees reluctantly.

"But no funny business!" Reno adds, nodding towards you before he leads the way out of the house.

"No promises," Axel mutters, giving you a wink before he follows the other redhead.

You blush slightly as Riku and Sora give you confused looks.

"Did something... happen, between you guys?" Riku asks.

"What?! Hahaha no, that's gross," you reply a little too quickly, scratching the back of your neck as you follow Sora towards the Gummi Ship.

Riku comes to a stop and watches you walk away with narrowed eyes. With a sigh he starts to follow you again, shaking his head. It was almost embarrassing what an absolutely awful liar you were.

>> Fast-Forward >>