Magical Hair and Faraway Castles

"Hey Roxas?" you call out, glancing up from your bowl of cereal.

"What?" he asks, his mouth full of Cocoa Puffs.

You grimace a bit at the sight before breaking out into a smile as he laughs sheepishly.

"Sorry," he apologizes, quickly swallowing his food. "What did you wanna ask?" he adds once his mouth is empty.

You blink a few times, stirring your cereal around with your spoon. Something about the past mission you went on was really bugging you. You glance up at Roxas as he takes another bite.

"Would you still be friends with me even if I had a hunchback?" you blurt out, and Roxas almost chokes on his cereal.

"W-What?!" he stammers through coughs, pounding on his chest. "Where the hell did that come from?"

You smile, lazily shrugging your shoulders.

"Dunno. Just asking after meeting a new friend..." you muse.

You glance up at Roxas as he starts to laugh, shaking his head.

"You're weird," he tells you, and you roll your eyes.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

You and Roxas glance to the side, where Reno's standing in the doorway to the kitchen, his arms crossed over his chest.

"No, what's up?" Roxas asks.

"You guys wanna go on a mission?" Reno inquires with raised eyebrows.

"Where?" you ask through a mouth-full of cereal.

Reno rolls his eyes as he starts to walk away, towards the living room.

"Does it really matter? Just go get changed!" Reno calls out.

You and Roxas glance at each other before shrugging and hopping out of your chairs and out of the kitchen.

>> Fast-Forward >>

"So we don't know why exactly we're doing it, or who exactly we're protecting, but we're supposed to find some 'special' girl and help her get home?" you recite.

"We'll know her when we see her, or so Sephiroth claims," Zack explains with a shrug.

"What's so special about her?" Cloud asks.

Zack merely shrugs, and you and Reno roll your eyes.

"This place is weird," Roxas notes, glancing around.