Diversion

"Alright everyone, gather 'round," Zack orders as he and Cloud march into the living room.

"What's wrong, boss?" Reno asks, extending his legs and resting them on the table in front of him.

"Sephiroth's decided that we need to look more professional," Zack explains vaguely.

"Get to the point," Axel complains. Zack shoots him a look and the redhead immediately points to Reno. "Hey, that was him, not me," he lies.

"Yeah right," Cloud mutters as Reno smirks a little.

"It does sound like something I'd say," Reno agrees, and he and Axel start to laugh.

"I liked it better when there was just ONE snarky redhead," Xion sighs.

"ANYWAY," Zack interrupts, earning everyone's attention. "I'm kinda surprised this day didn't come sooner, but we have to all wear SOLDIER uniforms from now on."

"Excuse me?!" Sora asks.

"First you make me get rid of my Organization robes, now I have to start dressing like some clone army... person?" Axel adds with narrowed eyes.

"Hey, you offered to join," Riku points out, glancing towards the redhead who in turn rolls his eyes.

"So we all have to dress like you?" Roxas asks Zack,who glances down at his typical SOLDIER uniform: black pants, black sleeveless turtleneck, black shoulder pads, and black gloves.

"C'mon guys, it's not that bad," Zack notes, placing his hands on his hips.

"Too much black!" Yuffie speaks up with a scowl.

"Well, too bad! Your uniforms are waiting in your rooms," he announces, turning around and starting to walk away. "Leon, [Name], Axel, Riku, get changed. We're going on a mission."

You groan as you shuffle away from the couch and up the staircase.

>> Fast-Forward >>

"What's this place called again?" you ask, fiddling with your white gun sitting in your lap.

"Beast's Castle," Riku replies from the driver's seat.

"So, the whole world's a castle?" you press, glancing up at him.

Leon shakes his head as Axel and Zack smirk. The world and the mission sounded horribly boring (a "possible" Organization sighting), but what else were you going to do?

"It's not that easy to explain, [Name]," Leon points out.