Chapter 10: boring lectures

Cada pov
It's been two hours since we arrived back at the MWPSB building and everyone sat in silence as Ginoza paced back and forth around the office with an angered look on his face. He was still angry from earlier when I walked off without him to follow the figure I saw.

I'm kind of scared right now. I know how Ginoza can be when he's angry. After watching the series twice, I figured it's not the best idea to get on his bad side. I say that but look what happened. I ignored my own advice.

I'm surprised he hasn't started shouting at me yet. It's kind of obvious that me sneaking off isn't the only source of his anger. I wonder what happened while I was knocked out? Did someone else anger him just as much as I did?

Just as the silence couldn't get anymore awkward, someone finally decided to speak up. And to my surprise that person was Kogumi.

"Ginoza, give the girl a break. I think your silence I'd starting to scare her. She's new to the job, she's obviously going to make a few mistakes. It's not her fault she did something wrong." Kogumi says in his usual tone. Thanks Kogumi. I don't think I could have put up with that awkward silence for much longer.

"I don't care of she's new to the job! She should know not to sneak off like that!" Ginoza shouts startling me. I try to hold back tears but I fail. Instead I proceed to jump out of my chair and run out of the office.

As I run off I hear Kagari shout. "Well done Ginoza! You made the poor girl cry!"

Everything after that was a blur. I soon reached my room and collapsed on my bed. I grabbed my pillow and hugged it tightly while crying into it.

It had felt like hours when I eventually fell asleep still hugging the soft pillow.

Once again I had the same dream of the moment my mum was murdered.

I once again open my eyes to find myself in my uncles home. My mum is sitting on the sofa with him sitting across from her. I notice the gun in between the cushions and my mum notices it too. Just as my mum is about to point it out my uncle grabs the gun. He points it at my mum and I notice the shock on her face once again as her only brother proceeds to shoot her in the head. Her body goes limp and I back away from the scene. As I feel my back against the wall I collapse to the floor, tears streaming from my eyes. The scene replaying in my head almost the same as last time.

Only this time I didn't wake up once it was over.

Instead the scenery around me began to shift and change change. Once it had calmed down, a sudden flood of recognition came over me. I stood there in a field of flowers as a scene ...no ...a past memory played in front of me. A young girl, around the age of six, was running around the large open field as a young women, somewhere in her mid-twenties, watched th young girl. A smile shown on each of their faces.

"Mummy!" The girl shouts.

"Yes Cada-chan" the women answers.

"Where's my daddy?" The girl asks.

"Why do you ask?" The women asks.

"Everyone else in my class has a daddy but I don't know where mine is." The girl answers.

I suddenly remember when this scene took place. It was my birthday an my mum decided to take me on a picnic. I wonder why I'm suddenly remembering this now? It's not very important, is it?

The scene starts to fade but not before I see a figure walking towards the young girl. The women greets him as he sits down and the girl sits next to him. After that everything faded away.

I wake up in my room in the same position as I had fell asleep in. I wonder how long I was asleep for?

My head hurts and my eyes are still stinging after how much I had cried. Sometimes ginoza can be a bit too harsh but maybe I should forgive him. After all he was just worried about me. I'll think about it later I should just sleep for now.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorry it's late I haven't had my phone recently and the only reason I have it now is my mum's out. I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.

-natsumi_dragneel_