Chapter 9: held captive...again!

Cada pov
I wake up in a dimly lit room.

It takes me a while to figure out what happened but when I finally figure it out I take in my surroundings. Judging by the sirens and the shouting outside, we're still in the bank. The room I'm in looks like some sort of vault. I see two people next to the door talking to each other. I'm guessing one of them is the person that kidnapped me.

Why do I keep getting kidnapped?!

Once again I'm being held as a hostage. Luckily this is no longer scary. It's just annoying.

If I wasn't tied up to a chair right now I would have already punched one of these guys in the face. They put tape over my mouth so I can't shout either.

Ginoza is going to kill me when someone finds me. That is if someone finds me. I hope they do.

I'm guessing I wasn't unconcious for long since the rest of the MWPSB are still here. Usually a job like this would take upto five hours.

A sudden commotion outside interupts my train of thought. It seems like someone is fighting off one of those men. It must be someone from the MWPSB. If only I could shout to them.

I hate this. Why do I keep getting kidnapped or held hostage?

If this keeps happening I'll just cause trouble for the others. I really am pathetic. First I couldn't do anything to help my mother now I'm just causing trouble for others. Maybe people would be better off if I just dissappeared. If that were to happen I would no longer cause trouble for others. I wouldn't just drag people down with me.

The noise outside stops and the door cracks open slightly to reveal a certain red head along with the idiot who abandoned everyone in the series.

As Kagari spots me he rushes forward. An annoyed looking kogumi following behind him.

"Cada, what happened?" Kagari asks as he loosens the ropes around my hands.

I stand up only to collapse to the ground again. My head spins and my vision is blurred. I feel like I've just been punched a million times.

I hear kagari calling out to me but the voices are muffled. I slowly slip away from conciousness.

The last thing I remember is someone rushing catching me in their arms.

I have a horrible nightmare. I open my eyes to find myself in my uncles home. My mum is sitting on the sofa with him sitting across from her. I notice a shiny object in between the cushions and it seems like my mum notices it too. Just as my mum is but to point it out my uncle grabs the object which turns out to be a gun. He points it at my mum and I notice the shock on her face as her only brother proceeds to shoot her in the head. Her body goes limp and I back away from the scene. As I feel my back against the wall I collapse to the floor, teats streaming from my eyes.

Is this how mum died? Or is this how I imagine her death? Either way I'm going to find my uncle and get my revenge. He killed my mum. She was the only family I had left.

Kagari pov

I watch as cada slowly blacks out. I call out her name multiple times but she doesn't hear me.

As she collapses I rush over to catch her in my arms. I pick her up bridal style and carry her out of the room. I walk towards where the robbers are being held and I see an annoyed looking Ginoza. I walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

"I've found Cada" I say trying to ignore his glare.

"Put her I'm the van and keep an eye on her. Tell me if she wakes up" he says while checking some files.

"Yes sir" I say before walking over to the van. I carefully place Cada on one of the seats before sitting across from her. I watch her as she sleeps peacefully like there is nothing to be afraid of in this cruel world.

How is this girl so carefree when danger is waiting around every corner of this place.

I guess I'll never know. Cada is so mysterious. I haven't heard her speak once. It's as though she's hiding something and if she speaks we'll find out her secret. What I'd she hiding from us?

I hope one day she'll finally open up to us. Even though some of us don't show it, we are worried about her. She's only fifteen and she's already been through so much.

She's probably went through hell and nobody was there to help her. She reminds me of myself. I've been alone since the day I was flagged when I was five.

My thoughts are interupted by Cada stirring slightly before her eyes flutter open and she springs up into a sitting position. After getting to grips with her where abouts, she turns to face me after finally noticing my presence.

Her expression shows fear for a few seconds but then goes back to her usual expression.

A voice shouts over to us and it doesn't take long for me to realise that Ginoza is head towards us with an angry expression replacing his usual stoic one.

This is when I realise that Cada is in for a long lecture on how she shouldn't wonder off on her own or be so wreckless.

Good luck to her. She's going to need it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thanks for reading. Sorry this is a few days late. I usually update every other Thursday but I forgot. I'll try to update on time next time but I'm really busy since its the end of the school year. I might update on Tuesday since I'm off that day but I can't promise that I will. I hope you enjoyed.

-natsumi_dragneel

P.s. thanks for over 200 views