chapter 4: is this a dream?

Cada pov
I'm presently at the office of division 1. Ginoza is pacing around the room with a confused look. The reason? According to the dominators, I am not registered in the sybil system.

Flashback

"How is this possible?" Kagari whispers to himself "how are you not registered?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Kagari! Did you get rid of that man?" Someone shouts.

"Y-yes" kagari shouts back trembling.

"Is something wrong?" Ginoza asks as he reaches us.

"Point your dominator at the girl" kagari says.

"Ok, but why?" he answers as he holds the dominator up so that it is pointing at me. As soon as sybil speaks ginoza freezes in his place "impossible, could she be from another country?" He asks himself "Excuse me, could you please tell me where you are from?"

"I'm from here in japan" I lie......well sort of. I am from Japan but not this Japan.

Flashback ended

"How are you not registered?" Ginoza repeats again and again. It's starting to get annoying.

"I'm back!" Kagari shouts as he comes through the door "it turns out the reason she is not registered is because she was in a coma recently so she was temporarily unregistered and she still hasn't been registered back into the system" he says.

"Oh, that explains it" Masaoka says while walking over to his seat "usually they unregister people in a coma because their psycho-pass changes and is indecisive. If someone were to use a dominator on them they may be killed for no reason"

So in this world people think I was in a coma? That doesn't make sense. I never existed in this world in the first place. So why would they have files about me?

"Well, I guess we should get you registered. We'll give you a checkup and as long as your hue is clear you can go" ginoza says. I wonder if my hue will be clear? I hope so. I don't want to end up in a facility.

Checkup

I just need to get my hue checked then hopefully I can leave.

"Please sit here" shion says while guiding me to a seat then picking up a dominator. She lifts it up so that it is pointing at me.

"Psycho-pass: 51.6 no action required trigger locked" the dominator says. I breath a sigh of relief. It looks like my hue is crystal clear.

"Looks like your free to leave" shion says while placing the dominator back. I know I'm free to go but where can I go? I have no home in this world.

I get up and start to walk out the room but then I accidentally bump into someone. "S-sorry" I say before running out. I don't look back to see who I bumped into. Instead I keep running until I reach the exit and leave. I slow down as I reach a road so I can catch my breath. Then I start to cry. Why did this happen to me? Is this a dream?

Kagari pov
I walk into shions office only for the girl to bump into me which ended up with her on the ground.

"S-sorry" she stutters. Before I have a chance to help her up she jumps to her feet then runs out. I wonder what's up with her? I look to see shion with a slightly worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Not much, just a little worried about that girl. According to her profile her mum was killed by her uncle just before she went into a coma because of an accident around a year ago. She only woke up recently. She's still only in high school and is most likely having trouble living on her own. In my opinion I'm surprised that her hue isn't that high" she answers. She must have read through her files. Now I'm worried.

Cada pov

I walk along a familiar street even though I have never been here before. It's kind of like my feet are moving on their own. A few minutes later I stop in front of a house. I look up to see that it is fairly large but also pretty run down. I walk up the pathway until I reach the door. I reach for the handle and try to open it but it doesn't open. Then I decide to knock but no one answers and I can't hear anyone inside. I then decide to try the back door. I walk up the side of the house until I reach the garden. Unlike the front of the house, the back is in pretty good shape. There is a beautiful garden and it looks like someone has took good care of it. There is a small patch of flowers on either side and in the centre there is a small bird bath surrounded by many different types of flowers. The one thing that is missing from the garden is the wildlife. There are no birds or any animals. It's deserted and scary. I turn around and walk to the door. Once again I try to open it but it won't open. I guess I should just give up.

I walk back to the main street. The whole place is deserted. It's as if I'm in a ghost town. What is this place? It's nothing like the usual busy streets of Tokyo. Somethings not right.

??? Pov
Looks like that girl has walked right into my trap.

"Kira, tell me what you have learned about my dear cada" I command.

"Well master I think you will be interested to know that the MWPSB saved her recently after she was kidnapped by a man who was flagged by a drone" she replies.

"This could make my plan more difficult to complete, after all, nobody should have noticed her" I say. I will not let it stand in my way. I will find out how she lowers her hue so quickly. I was hoping to find out from her mother but then I was forced to kill her and then it was blamed on my stupid brother in law. Good thing that this is nowhere near the end if my plan. It is only the beggining.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Thanks for reading. There is a big clue of who the mystery person is in this chapter.

-cat2908