chapter 2: why me?

Cada pov
I'm sitting in last lesson and right now all I want is to go home. There is a knock on the door and I'm called outside.

Outside there is the head of year and two police officers waiting for me. I wonder what they could want?

"Cada Evans I'm afraid we have bad news for you" one of the officers say.

"W-what happened?" I stutter. Could it be about mum? She never returned home yesterday. I'm worried now.

"Your uncle killed your mum when she went to visit him yesterday" he said. For a few seconds, I stood there in shock before bursting into tears. The head of year tried to comfort me but she was unable to stop me from crying.

I hate my life. Why is all this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? Those questions were all I could think about.

All of a sudden I start to feel dizzy. The last thing I saw was the head of year trying to stop me from falling.

Hospital

I woke up in a white room and saw someone standing in the corner while leaning against the wall. The door opens to reveal a nurse who looked around her late twenties.

"I see that you are awake miss Evans" she says while walking over to me.

"Y-yes. Where am I?" I ask.

"We are at the hospital not far from your school" she answers. "Your father here was waiting for you to wake up" she says pointing to the man in the corner of the room.

That's my father?! But why is he here? He abandoned us years ago and now he decides to return!

I want this to be over. I want this nightmare to end. I want to go home and walk in the door to find my mum still alive. I want everything to go back to the way it was.

"Your father will be taking care of you from now on" a man in a black suit said while walking in the room.

Why did it have to be my dad? Why not my aunty or my grandmother? Anyone but him.

Leaving the hospital

My dad and I were walking down the hallway to the exit and neither of us spoke a word.

We reached the exit and I walked out into the fresh air. I took a deep breath.

Alot of things are going to change now that mum is gone. I'm going to have a different home. A different family. A different life.

I climbed into the passenger seat of the silver Mercedes and closed the door. My dad got in the drivers seat on the other side and turned on the engine before driving out of the car park and to his house.

At the house

I climbed out of the car as he parked in the driveway then I slowly walked towards the front door. Just as I reached it, a tall blond haired woman opened the door. She smiled sweetly at me before talking.

"Hello, you must be cada. It's nice to meet you! My name is Mary Jones" she said in a kind, caring voice.

"Nice to meet you miss jones" I reply smiling. A fake smile, of course. It's impossible to be happy at a time like this.

She waved me into the house and showed me to my room which I would be staying in. It was a prett large room. Three of the walls were painted white while the main wall was painted a navy blue. Against the main wall was a queen sized bed which had a white quilt and had around ten cushions in different shades of blue. In one corner of the room there was a desk with a laptop on it. In another corner there were two doors which were quite close together. Mary walked towards them before talking.

"This is the wardrobe" she said pointing to one door "and this is the bathroom" she said pointing to the other. "I'll leave you to get settled in" she said before leaving the room.

Once she had closed the door I walked over to the desk and sat down. I opened one of the drawers and got out a pen and some paper then started writing.

Dear father and miss jones,
Thank you for inviting me to stay with you but I cannot accept as I would prefer to live alone at my home. Thankyou for taking care of me but I must go

Love from cada
xxx

I placed the note on the desk before finding a bag to put all of my belongings in. I finally found one and I put a few sets of clothes and pajamas in. I put two extra pairs of shoes in aswell as a blanket, a few accessories and a coat. In my handbag I had my phone and my purse. I had plenty of money as I had already been given what I had inherited from mum plus my allowance of 30,000 yen from the past few weeks.

I finish packing and quietly walk down the stairs so no one notices me. I silently open the door and walk out. Once I shut the door I run towards the nearby woods and continue to run until I reach a clearing. Once I am there I sit down and relax. I am surrounded by many trees and flowers. It is quiet and peaceful. So quiet that after a few minutes I fall asleep.

When I wake up I can hear sirens in the distance. I look around to see that I am no longer in the woods. Instead I am in an alley down the side of a large building. Where am I?!

??? Pov
Yes, my plan worked. I have finally gotten rid of that women and now it is not long until her daughters power is mine.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Yay new chapter. She is no longer in her world. Hope you enjoyed. I did have chapter 3-5 ready to publish but wattpad decided to delete 3 and 5 while I was editing them so I have t rewrite them.

-cat2908