"I'll see you around Mr and Mrs Luciano, nice meeting you again".

"You too" mom smiled.

"We'll talk again Emilia" Dad replied.

I could see the wheels turning in his head. He's smart and I'm pretty sure in due time if I'm not more careful dad's gonna figure out the connection with Emilia.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Emilia asked as we made our way up the stairs.

"Nothing" I replied. "Just don't feel like doing the long chatting with my parents.

"Hmm" Emilia murmured suspiciously.

"Let it go OK" I said to her.

"What? I didn't say anything" Emilia replied.

"You didn't have to" I replied.

"Who is this Kathleen anyway? Is she like your sister? Or a dog maybe" Emilia said mischievously.

"Don't" I said warningly. "She's a friend and my brother's girlfriend. You'll meet here soon enough"

"Your brother's girlfriend live with you guys? Does your brother live here too?"

"Yes she does and no he doesn't. Anyway this is it" I said opening my door.

"This is your room?" Emilia said putting down her bag and started looking around. "Its not what I expect".

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said folding my hands across my chest. "What did you expect?"

"You don't have to start acting defensive" Emilia said walking over to my wardrobe mirror. " What I meant is that its cool, mature".

"Oh, I was planning to give you your own room but Gio said not to let you out my sight so you're staying here with me" I said to her.

"Great, so you're gonna like watch me while I sleep?" Emilia said rolling her eyes.

"Do I look like a creep to you?" I asked talking off my jacket. "I have a life you know".

"Sure you do" Emilia said sarcastically before taking out her phone and started taking mirror selfies. "Because someone who has a life would willingly volunteer to babysit an adult"

"I didn't volunteer okay, Gio begged me and I just said yes" I said to her.

"Yeah because yes is the only word you can say to my brother right" Emilia said turning to raise her brows at me suggestively. "He's irresistible right? You just can't say no".

"Shut up" I said to her.

"The truth hurts" she chuckled. "Can we order pizza?"

"You ate before we got her and aren't you tired of pizza, its Italian food after all" I said to her.

"Just because I'm Italian doesn't mean I won't love pizza or be tired of it" Emilia said before posing in front the mirror and taking more selfies.

"Right" I said to her. "You know what, I'll be right back. You just stay there and practice your selfie game".

"She's your friend? How come I'm just hearing about her now?" Kathleen said to me. "She's clearly Italian, I didn't know you had much Italian friends?"

I was talking to her after I left Emilia in the room. I had just introduced them and told her that Emilia was just another friend but she knew it wasn't like that. Kathleen and I had gotten real code and she know a lot about me, including the fact that other than her and Leon I didn't have anyone else as this close friend.