Chapter 4

So finally Mom and Dad came home on Friday night and for me being so humble and not throwing a tantrum despite being stuck at home, not allowed to leave to see Gio and being guarded 24/7s I was being rewarded for my good behavior.

What good behavior? Lol
I've sneaked Gio over here twice in one week since you guys were gone. Once when Dominic caught up that he was there and then a second time when I called him over to keep me company and he slept here with me.

But I wasn't gonna let them know that out loud. Not unless Dominic finally decided that he wasn't gonna hide and ignore the fact that I've brought over my potential enemy and threat of a boyfriend into our family house. Or if Ron and Percy felt like running their mouths to Dad. I think they've finally figured that Gio wasn't really a business associate when he showed up that evening and left the next morning.

Dad have decided that maybe he was treating me too much like a 12year old so he was gonna allow me out, but I was still going to be having guards watch me and follow behind me to ensure my safety. I don't know why no one seems to trust that I can take care of myself. As for me seeing Gio, mom had managed to get Dad off my back telling him that it was best if I continued seeing him. This would make it easier for me to find out more about him and his 'family business' and whether or not he was a threat. She also convinced him that if I stayed away from Gio so long him not seeing me, he's going to get curious and start looking into things and then he may uncover my past and hence make connections to me and the Luciano 'family business'.

I was thankful that mom was so understanding about this, I know she telling him those stuff was more for my benefit. Mom had told me that she understands totally what its like to be caught in the middle and liking someone who you weren't suppose to. This was from her personal experience with Dad. When she had gotten involved with Dad she had to hide her relationship from her family because they believed that based on Dad's family reputation he was never the right man for her. They thought that his family was ruthless and greedy people who only cares about themselves and money and that the men in his family didn't treat women well. Well turns out that was all rumors and assumptions which they could never proved and after realizing that they couldn't get mom to stop seeing Dad they were upset with her but they finally learned to accepted it.

So today was Saturday and I was going to go in to my restaurant to check on things and see how Derek was handling everything so far. I really missed the restaurant even though it was good to get the little time off and the rest. I was also going to be going to finalized a deal with the owners of another restaurant I was buying. I had planned to expand the business but held off for a while since I was new to the whole business managing thing but now I believed I was ready.

There was this small restaurant in town that was going to closed down because the owner couldn't afford to sustained it and pay for the rental if the building anymore. So during my week at home I had called and bought the place from the owners of the building and then called the restaurant owner informing them that I was now the new owner of the building which housed their restaurant and that I'd like to buy it from them and fix it up but I'd still like them to managed it instead of closing down. They had agreed so I was meeting them today to take a look around the restaurant area and get them to sign the papers showing that I was now officially the new owner.

I was going to get the restaurant fixed up to looked more classy, extend it a bit and renamed it SPECIALICIOUS and maybe within two weeks it could finally be reopened it. I was planning to go there today but that's after I visit my original restaurant LEXI'S first. I needed to see that everything was okay for the time I wasn't there, although I'm sure Derek was managing things just fine.

I was feeling quite well today I didn't know if it was because I was finally being let out of my home prison. When I parked my car in the parking lot I was smiling to myself like an idiot as I walked into my restaurant. I was immediately greeted by my staff and waiters and waitresses as well as some of my regular customers that knew me.

"Lexi" Khadja called excitedly running over to me and actually pulling me into a hug.

"Wow what did I do to deserve this hug" I laughed as I hugged her as well.

"I definitely missed you for the week and days you weren't here. And Derek has been a real grumpy boss since you've gone, I think he really missed you too" Khadja chuckled.

"Aww, I feel extremely special" I laughed. "Where is Derek by the way?"

"Oh he's over there talking to that girl" she pointed over to a part near to where my office was. "She's been here twice this week".

"Really why?" I asked curiously as I looked over to where Derek was talking to this girl. She had brown hair, about my height and looked around my age group.

"I think she's been begging for a job here, but she doesn't have any experience in serving or anything of such and Derek's been telling her that right now we aren't looking for a any worker. But she's back, poor girl" Khadja said to me as she looked at the girl sympathetically.

"Yeah" I said looking over at them again. "Excuse Khadja maybe I should go talk to her. I'll see you later okay".

"Yeah alright" Khadja smiled before I walked off towards Derek and the girl.

As I got closer I noticed it seems like she was really pleading with him.

"I'm really sorry but I've told you right now we're not really in need of any workers and I can't really employ you without any experience or qualification plus I'm not really the owner here and my boss isn't in this week" I heard Derek said to the girl sympathetically. "I'm sorry Kathleen".

Kathleen? That was her name?

That's also my name or at least now my middle name.

~|~|~

Picture above of Kathleen Soares portrayed by Lyndsy Fonseca