Chapter Thirty-One - It Kind Of Happens A Lot

Start from the beginning

"So what do you want?" Eric asked again. I noticed Wyatt was still in his pajamas and had bedhead hair, so he probably just woke up.

"I woke up and was bored," Wyatt shrugged.

"What time is it?" Eric asked.

"Seven-thirty," Wyatt answered. Eric and I both groaned in return, finally realizing how early it is.

"Well, can you go back to bed or something? Or occupy yourself for a little while? I need more sleep," Eric yawned, trying to get Wyatt to leave.

Wyatt just groaned and fell back onto the mattress. "Ugh, fine. But expect me back in a little bit."

"You better not," Eric chuckled, gently pushing Wyatt off his bed. But Wyatt just crawled back closer to Eric and leaned over, whispering into his ear. I could still hear him.

"I hope you don't talk to her like this. You're gonna mess everything up. She's pretty," was what he whispered to Eric. And I felt my face go up in flames as I smiled to myself and tried to hide my blushing cheeks.

"Alright, that's enough from you," Eric chuckled embarrassingly, pushing Wyatt away and forcing him to leave. Wyatt smirked at the both of us and then left Eric's room, shutting the door behind him. "He's uh, he's interesting."

"Sure is," I giggled.

"Him and his mom – my aunt Barb – have been staying here for the past week. I kinda forgot that when I asked you to stay the night," he scratched the back of his head. "They live in Washington and something happened with Wyatt's dad, so they've been staying here in the meantime while they figure things out. He's kind of an asshole, and Wyatt's mom is my mom's younger sister, so they're really close."

"Oh, that sucks," I frowned.

"It's whatever. I'm used to it. It kind of happens a lot," Eric shrugged it off. "Whatever. Let's go back to sleep?"

"Sure," I nodded with a smile. We both laid back down and the room got quiet again as we laid in silence. Then I felt the bed move a little and all of a sudden, Eric's arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I smiled, feeling my back pressed up against his chest as he nuzzled his face into my neck. "You're a really cuddly person."

"Is that a good thing?" He asked, and I heard the smirk in his voice.

"It's a really good thing," I smirked too.

So we cuddled and drifted off to sleep for a little while longer and I couldn't have felt more at home in his arms.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Hours later, I found myself sitting at Eric's kitchen table with Eric, his parents, Wyatt, and Wyatt's mother. We were eating the pancakes that both the mothers had made for us, and we kept a pretty steady conversation about random things.

It took a bit of convincing for me to stay for breakfast, but Eric got to me and I couldn't resist the offer. I still felt a little awkward – I'd met his parents before, except they were unaware that I stayed over. They didn't mind though, because Eric explained to them a fake story about how I came over after the party and we both fell asleep. Which kind of happened, except we didn't fall asleep by accident.

"So the party was fun last night?" Mrs. Russell asked.

I pressed my lips together tightly and kept my eyes on my empty plate as I remembered how awful last night was. Thankfully, Eric spoke up for me.

"Uh, yeah. It was alright," he shrugged, shoving his last forkful of pancake into his mouth.

"Did you talk to Colton at all?" She wondered, raising her eyebrows.