Dazai x Musician! Reader - 'Mean it truly'

So, this idea came to me when I listened to the song 'Pardon Me' by He is We- It just reminded me of Dazai, idk why

Im in love with him at the moment tho any song will remind me of him lol

Onwards with the fic! (Listen to the song 'Pardon Me' by He is We if you want to know what the reader played :3)

----

Frustration. It was all you felt when you looked at him. I mean, no doubt he's feeling the same. The argument you'd had was over the same old things. Seeing him always trying to kill himself really had taken its toll; sitting in your dark and chilled room you had your duvet draped over your head in the cold. Pen dancing over the page, you scribbled down a jumble of notes that all seemed to fit together nicely. Only, words came to mind, ones that described your situation perfectly; the agency was planning on having a get together this weekend, so you smirked- this was going to be good.

-----

Elegantly, you strolled into the room. Your (H/C) hair was beautifully done up, held in place with a silver, sparkling clip. Makeup immaculate and defined, your appearance was truly stunning. You wore a (F/C) dress, which did not only frame your figure perfectly, but it had many heads turning as you entered the restaurant. The area had been hired for you all, and formal clothing had been requested; keeping to the letter, you had dressed appropriately. Your (E/C) irises fell on Dazai from across the room, who wore his usual clothing, but without the jacket and instead a shorter suit jacket. His gaze was already pointed towards you, but you looked away- before you said anything to each other, you had to get your feelings out a different way.

"Thank you for coming." The president of the agency, Yukichi, nodded at you.

"It was my pleasure of course"~ You smiled, corners of your rosy lips tweaking upwards. The man looked at you one last time, before turning and walking away. You had a chance to scan the room now, and your eyes quickly fell upon a magnificent grand piano. The black, glossy wood shone under the dim evening lights, and the pristine white keys were almost begging to be played. Approaching slowly, you ran a finger over the instrument, finding the material smooth to the touch. Reaching into your clutch bag, you pulled out a somewhat-crumpled sheet of paper, followed by several more. Settling into the leather seat which rested at the base of the piano, you adjusted the microphone.

"Can I have your attention everybody?" Your voice was amplified as you continued, "I have a song I want to play, for a certain someone."

A few 'Oh"~ s could be heard filtering throughout the room at your words, but you ignored them as your hands began to rest on the keys... and then you pressed down.

Each note was perfect- you didn't miss a beat. The song you was playing your own- each word composed from the heart.

As your sincere, warm voice flowed through the room, Dazai watched you, chestnut irises wide as he took in every line; something was struck in him at that moment, as he realised the song was about him, and he felt his heart beat that little bit faster. You looked completely jaw dropping as you played, the golden light illuminating your glowing skin, and shimmering in your hair. You almost looked radiant, as the music flew from the piano.

Lips moving slowly, you didn't mess up the words; pride was one of the many things that sparkled in your eyes, but also hope; you truly wished your words would get through to him.

When your song had finished, the entire room were on their feet, clapping your outstanding performance. A joyful smile took over your expression, as you bowed; the only applause you really cared about, though, was Dazai's. Eyes flickering towards a door leading into a smaller room, you continued bowing with a smile, before pushing it open and slipping inside. You knew it wouldn't be long in till Dazai followed. Flipping the light switch, you noticed a small window with an arm chair beside it. Settling down into the soft, comfortable material, you waited for a certain person to arrive. The scenery outside was shadowed by the night sky, and the distant lights of the city shone like thousands of tiny jewels; the moon glittered in the clear sky, not a cloud in sight- admiring the outside world, you almost forgot you were waiting for somebody.

Hearing the door click closed, you looked up to see Dazai walking towards you slowly, face calm as he smiled at you.

"(Y/N)... Your song was beautiful, just like you"~ He sighed dramatically, sitting down beside you; it was tight squeeze, so you shuffled along a bit- his arm draped over your shoulders, fingers brushing over your bare skin and sending a shiver down your spine.

"You sweet talker..." You murmured, turning your head to the side and resting your head in the crook of his neck. He seemed at ease with this, shifting ever so slightly to bring you closer.

"I'm sorry for ruining our day out the other day." He said, quieter this time as his gaze fell upon the darkened streets outside.

"And I'm sorry for over-reacting about it..." You added, smiling softly again.

"You shouldn't be sorry"-

"Let's just drop this, yes?" You quickly changed the subject, also diverting your gaze to the window. It was silent for a second, but it wasn't unpleasant.

"You'll never realise how thankful I am for you, (Y/N)..." Dazai mumbled.

You lent forwards, pressing a kiss to his lips, lightly and slowly- as you moved back, he subconsciously followed your lips with his own, causing you to let out a quiet laugh.

"We'll continue this later, okay?" You suggested with a smirk, getting to your feet and heading towards the door. Dazai watched you leave, eyes following you, a similar smirk pulling at the corners of his own lips.

----

The evening after that was filled with celebration- for nothing in particular, of course, but there was only one thing on Dazai's mind.

You.

---------------------

Thank you for reading! I know this is a rather random fic, so...

Eh

Oh well

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit ;)

~Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail