Kunikida x F!Reader - 'My poet'

I JUST REALIZED I HAVEN'T WRITTEN A ONE-SHOT FOR KUNIKIDA YET. THIS DORK DESERVES ALL THE LOVE OMG. I HAD THIS IDEA AND I JUST HAD TO WRITE IT. PREPARE FOR FLUFF.

-----------------------

It'd been five years since you'd met Kunikida, and four of those years you'd spent at his side.

Currently, you sat on a bench, feeling the warm summer breeze dance over your skin- your boyfriend was on his way from the agency. You watched a pair of squirrels scamper up a tall, majestic oak, cheeks bulging with seeds and crumbs. They both disappeared within the green leafy branches; you began to hear footsteps approaching; you looked up to see a familiar figure standing close.

"Hello (Y/N), ready to go?" Kunikida asked, a tiny smile stretched over his face. You stood, patting your trousers down and nodded.

"On time like always~ we're going shopping then?" You tilted your head, as you both strolled down the park pathway.

"Yeah." He replied simply.

And that's where you both headed.

--------------------

The shopping centre wasn't busy, thankfully, as you both walked through the massive automatic doors; light, cheerful music played quietly in the background as you both looked around- you recognized dozens of shops, and felt thankful that you'd saved some money for this visit.

Rows and rows of shops ranging from the extravagant to the damn-right weird were lined on either side, and a certain, brightly coloured one caught your eye.

"Well, there goes all my money..." You sighed, approaching an anime shop- hundreds of figures sat displayed in the window, and manga, as well as DVDs lined the back walls. Kunikida sighed.

"Don't spend too much." He muttered, as you shot him a smirk and entered.

The man lent against the wall outside, flicking though his notebook casually; he had an objective in mind for the day, though he would never tell you what it was. He'd sworn himself to secrecy, besides, you'd find out sooner or later....

--------------------

Skipping out of the store, two plastic bags swung from your arms as you approached your bored looking boyfriend- he raised an eyebrow.

"What did you buy?" He asked, instantly regretting the question.

"Ah, glad you asked; I bought some figures from my favourite anime, not to mention a couple volumes of manga I've been looking for since forever... and, I picked up a DVD, a couple boxes of Pocky... maybe a doujinshi.." Your eyes were practically sparkling with joy as you spun around excitedly.

"Damn these otakus..." Kunikida sighed.

"Did you say something?" You asked, pausing to face him.

"Let me carry those for you!" He corrected himself hurriedly- you smiled sweetly at him as he took them from your arms.

"Aw, thanks!" You laughed, grabbing his hand, "Let's go to the book shop!"

This time, Kunikida didn't protest as you dragged him towards the huge store, he was more focused on a shop he'd spotted upstairs, and knew it had to be your next destination.

--------

Eventually, Kunikida convinced you to leave, albeit slightly irritated, you left the shop with a bag of books- at least they weren't all yours.

"We should look upstairs too." The man said, already approaching the elevator- you nodded and followed, stepping onto the moving stairs and already checking out the stores; spotting a seafood restaurant, it made sense to you why your boyfriend wanted to come up here- he loved roasted bonito.

"Fancy getting some food at that restaurant?" You asked, pointing towards it with a smile.

"I'd like that." Kunikida nodded, shifting the bags in his hands.

When the elevator reached the top, you stepped away from the staircase but stopped in your tracks; a beautiful, yet tiny jewelry store sat nestled among various clothing shops; you shot to the window, jaw dropped as you looked down at the sparkling rings. Each one was perfectly made, diamonds shimmering and jewels glittering. One in particular caught your eye though; stat in the centre, on a tiny velvet cushion, the most amazing ring you'd ever set eyes upon was lit up with silvery lights. A diamond sat in the centre, and (F/C) gems lined the outer rim; it was truly beautiful.

"You like that ring?" Kunikida asked, "Have you seen the price?"

"Holy shit!" The number was way over a thousand at least, and you felt a wave of disappointment fall over you. "Aha, I don't need a ring anyway." You sighed.

"It is nice though." He muttered, staring at it intensely. You glanced at him out of the corner of your eye, observing his straight expression; you could almost visualize cogs whirling in his head as he thought. As if on que, your stomach let out a loud growl; bad timing! "You're hungry, want to go get lunch now?" He asked, snapping from his trance and stepping away from the window.

"Sure."

--------------------

You weren't going to lie, the day had been amazing- not only had you had a fantastic meal, and bought merchandise that you'd been hunting for, but Kunikida had invited you for a walk in the park, and you were hardly going to object. Strolling hand in hand, you walked in silence under the shade of a massive willow tree, which dipped over a shimmering lake.

Without warning, your boyfriend paused pulling a familiar notebook from his pocket.

"(Y/N)." He said, as you looked at him curiously. He flicked thought the pages, stopping in the middle of the book. Placing the plastic bags down on the floor, he seemed to take a deep breath to calm himself. "I never thought that I'd end up finding somebody as perfect as you, but here I am, at your side. I've planned this moment for a long time, so..." He kept a straight face, ripping a page from his notebook- instantly, his ability activated, rings surrounding him. The page in his hand began to glow, morphing into a small, round shape.

Your (E/C) eyes widened, hands shooting up to cover your mouth- now resting in his palm, was the very ring you were looking at earlier. But it wasn't over yet. Ever so slowly, Kunikida bent down to one knee, holding the ring out.

"(Y/N), will you marry me?" His cheeks were tinted pink, but his face was determined.

Your heart swelled with joy, a warm tears beginning to well within your eyes; stunned into silence, you let a couple tears slip, before a huge smile tugged at the corners of your lips.

"Yes!" You cried, dropping your bags. Placing your hand out, the man before you smiled in relief, slipping the beautiful piece of jewelry onto your ring finger. Leaping forwards, you caught him unprepared into a loving embrace; wrapping your arms around his neck, you couldn't keep in a joyful laugh, as he stumbled slightly, hugging you back. The warmth of the sun was nothing like this kind of warmth; full of love, care, you felt protected in his gentle arms- this was the man you loved.

"I love you"~ You whispered, parting away slightly to look into his golden eyes. Kunikida's normally straight face was dusted red, a pout on his lips.

"I.. love you too." He murmured, pushing his glasses back up.

You knew at that second, you'd be spending the rest of your life at his side.

And, from the top most branches of a tree, two squirrels scampered along, one smaller than the other; they paused, sniffing the air, cute tiny faces twitching, bushy tails swaying. Seems as if you and Kunikida weren't the only happy couple around that day.

--------------

Well that was very fluffy. I'm dead now.

Please vote, comment and follow for updates'n'shit ;)

~ Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail

Snapchat = Crabysnail