Atsushi X F!Reader - 'Voice of the wild'

Hey guys, this is a long one! The reader is not only a smartass, but 1000% badass too. Seriously. You're totally epic.

ONWARDS WITH THE FIC!

----------------

When you first joined the agency, you had no idea that they'd already prepared the perfect partner for you. Not even in your wildest dreams did you think there would be a shapeshifter in their midst, but, there was. And your abilities complemented so well, like you were almost made for each other.

That was two years ago.

Now, you and Atsushi had completed countless missions without fail; not to mention you'd completely fallen for him.

Sat at your desk, revising your notes on the previous mission, and eyes darting across the page, you were oblivious to everyone around you.

"Hey, (Y/N), the president wants to talk to us!" You heard a familiar, bubbly voice filled with cheer; looking up from the paper in your hands, you nodded.

"Right, let's go then." You replied, smiling at your partner who instantly returned the expression. Walking on ahead, and unware of the two-toned irises that followed, Atsushi watched you, his previous grin turning slightly goofy.

"Oh, Atsushi, are you okay?" Dazai looked from his desk, eyeing the boy who stood completely still; he turned to the detective, face instantly flushing red- he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Y-Yeah!" He stuttered, quickly following after you. Dazai watched him leave with a knowing gaze, a smirk pulling at the corners of his lips.

"Ah, young love..." He sighed.

-------------

You'd been assigned a task, one you assumed to be simple and easy- yanking up your black hood, you were in complete disguise as a pair of cargo workers. An anonymous tip had been sent to the agency, speaking of a bomb rigged to the underside of an aeroplane; your task? Get to the control station, contact the unaware pilot, and tell him to not only abandon his aircraft, but get as far away from it as possible. Only, there was a problem; the creator of the bomb, as well as their lackeys had promised to pay you a visit. Thankfully, you knew the bosses face- it wasn't the first time you'd encountered them, and you assumed it wouldn't be the last either. At least it wasn't the mafia- though you wouldn't be surprised if you discovered they were behind it the entire time.

Sliding a hand down your side, you could feel the pistol attached to the belt slung around your waist; it was hidden under your grey shirt. You and Atsushi were positioned on the back of a luggage cart, completely undercover as you skirted around the air-port grounds. The tarmac coated roads stretched on beyond your eye level; you both waited patiently, as the boss and his men were due to arrive any second now.

"You doing okay?" You whispered to Atsushi, breaking the tense silence.

"I suppose... I'm always a little nervous before a mission though." He chuckled awkwardly, avoiding your gaze.

"Don't worry, you're safe under my command." With a smirk, you winked at the boy, whose cheeks were tinted just that little bit pinker.

Your ability was 'Voice of the Wild', the best gift to compliment Atsushis'- it allowed you to tame and control any animal for a short period of time; since the boy couldn't control himself completely under his beast form, he placed all his trust into your hands. And that was the main reason he'd fallen for you; every day he relied on you to help him cope with his ability, and knowing he was safe with you looking over him as you both fought.

"Y-Yeah!" He stuttered, as you raised an eye brow.

"Your cute little cheeks are pink..." You giggled, "how adorable...."