Atsushi X Mysterious!Reader - 'Stay with me'

THIS IS A MASSIVE ANGST BUT THE OUTCOME IS CUTE, BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE REALLY SAD STUFF THEN... WELL... IDK. I warned you. Sorry not sorry :3

This was a request from my close friend Princess_Shindo and you should follow her- she's writing a Kuroko no basket fanfic right now, so when she posts it, get ready to read because it is very good so far! :3

ONWARDS WITH THE FIC!!

---------------------------

Leaving the armed detective agency wasn't the hardest thing you've ever done. Walking away from the love of your life was. Your very presence was only a threat to them, and with a constant weight on your shoulders- knowing full well you were putting them in danger. You hated the thought.

You never told them where you were going. Not even a reason for leaving. Just that things had to end.

The truth behind the matter was that your hunters had finally caught up with you. This wasn't your fault, you'd never done anything to trigger this- to deserve this. Your fathers foolish antics had only gotten him killed, and now his murderers were after you.

Delving into the shadows, you let the shade hide your body as your predators charged into the darkening building. You couldn't see their faces- masks hid their expressions. Whether they'd feel any emotions as you killed them, you wouldn't know.

If you'd bought Atsushi into this, you never would've forgiven yourself. The boy had suffered enough as it is, and being the harbinger of pain wasn't the person you wanted to be in his life.

Activating your ability, Frozen soul, you could feel the icy power tingle over your skin, as it frosted over. Steps were silent as you walked behind one of your father's killers, placing a cold hand to the side of their neck. Frozen solid. Collapsing, the corpse laid as still as you looked down on it darkly. The remaining two whirled around to face you, holding guns out before you. Bullets flew towards you, yet never hit; a flick of your wrist, and a wall of ice stood between you and the firers. Then, a swift click of your fingers, and the barrier shattered, sending deadly sharp shards towards the men. Dead.

A sorrow filled sigh escaped your lips. They never stopped coming. As soon as you defeated three, six more would come for you. That's always how it's been. You, you alone, against these relentless foes, who never stopped- never took a break.

You were too late to react when loud footsteps approached the huge double doors before you- raising a hand, and summoning spikes of ice, you prepared yourself to attack the person who flung open the doors.

Yet you didn't attack. And you didn't even breathe.

Him. What was he doing here? The boy's eyes were open wide, shock sparking within unshed tears as he stared at your still figure.

"Atsushi?" You whispered, feeling fear creep up your spine. He couldn't be here, he'd only get hurt! You didn't waste a second on spinning on your heel, and launching yourself towards the doors which led further into the building. Sprinting, you could feel tears warm against the cold of your skin. Yet, a tight touch clamped around your wrist, spinning you around.

"(Y/N)!?" His voice, just like you remembered it, so soft yet filled with emotion you couldn't quite comprehend.  You were both silent for a moment, but then you were shocked by his next words. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry!" He cried, yanking you towards him, his arms wrapped around your chest, his hug so warm you felt all the ice drain from your body.  His body trembled slightly with each tear that fell; you remained still.

"Why are you sorry... this isn't your fault..." You murmured, eventually returning the hug.

"I.. thought you hated me... I don't know what I did wrong!" He sobbed, "You left without warning, why?"

You didn't reply. He couldn't know, it would only put his life in danger. Yet, as you listened to the beat of his heart, and how his embrace was full of such sadness....

"I'm the one who should be sorry, Atsushi. This was never your fault, I was foolish to think I could hide from my past..." You breathed, blinking away the tears in your eyes which threatened to fall. "The years I had at the agency were the best ones of my life; the best years of my life alongside you, Atsushi. I just can't keep on putting you all in danger, it's better if I just le"-

"Please, don't! W-we... we can all help you! Whatever it is... please... just stay with me..." His voice got quieter as he continued, stepping back slightly to look you in the eye. Desperation glowed in his two toned irises- never in your life would want to hurt him so much. 

"I'd hate myself if you got hurt!" You shouted, "I'd hate it so fucking much, can't you see that?!"

"(Y-Y/N), please... we can work though this, together..." His tone was still soft, as he gazed into your (E/C) eyes.

"You don't understand... they never stop coming, they won't ever leave me alone..." You answered, "Those men, dead on the floor- I killed them, I had to; they never stop.. I'm always being hunted."

"B-But we can work with the agency, we can stop them!" He begged.

"But what if you can't. What If I get you all killed, because of my foolish dream of living a life free of my past?"

"You'll see, we'll all help you... I'll help you, (Y/N)... please, don't leave me again." His words were hardly audible, as he hugged you once more, this time softer- his warmth, it was so tempting. This was the person you loved, and you knew if you left, their heart would break right here and now. What if he was right? What if he could help you fight your hunters? Nothing could describe the way your heart clenched, and your mind became crowded; there were so many fears screaming at you to run, it would hurt him, but he'd be safe. Yet, as his embrace tightened, you realised that part of you was missing when you weren't by his side.

"You want me to stay?" You whispered, "Then kiss me."

And that was what he did. His soft hand rose to rest on your cheek, and his lips brushed against yours. It almost felt foreign- It had been so long since you felt his touch. All unspoken words, doubts, and fears, all faded away in that second. Just a little bit longer. Anxieties had crumbled apart, and you finally relaxed for the first time in months. This was what you wanted. Who you wanted.

"I love you." You whispered as you parted, brushing a few of his tears away from his cheek. The smile you treasured so much tweaked at the corners of his lips, and his cheeks were a rosy pink.

"I-I love you too... Thank you, thank you..." He was crying form joy this time, as he hugged you to his chest again. You had no idea he felt this way about you- how much he cared. It was as if time stood still as you both held each other close after what felt like decades apart.

----

Hand in hand, you walked home; he'd not let you go, as if he was afraid to even blink and you'd be gone.

"How did you know I was in there?" You asked softly.

"I heard gunfire, and came running... I guess it was just a miracle you were there." He sighed.

"I guess  I have some explaining to do... I'll start with why I'm being hunted, I swear to you I never intended for this"-

"You don't have to."

"Really?"

"I just want us to be t-together for now."

And then, you vowed never to leave him again, because you realised that doing so caused him more pain than anything else.

-------------

OMFG ANGST KILLS ME EVERY TIME I JUST CRI AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wow, mysterious reader is mysterious. Such ice, very secret. K im gonna go now bye

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit ;)

~Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail