Darcy Lewis Meets Sleepy Hollow

Author's Note: Look at me being a lying liar who lies! Well, not really

I said I was going to focus on "The Huntress" and while I did re-read it to try and get back into the groove, this damn idea popped into my head. Hopefully this is short and sweet and fluffy, so I can get back to my other fic.

What you need to know for this particular one-shot is that everything in the "Sleepy Hollow" 'verse is A-OKAY!

Joe Corbin is sitting on the porch swing outside of Abbie's home, grinning at Ichabod as the man hands over a mug of warm tea, the both of them waiting for Abbie to return from work.

"Thanks for this, Crane," Joe says as he sips the liquid.

"My pleasure, Mr. Corbin." Smiling, Ichabod takes a seat on one of the wooden chairs near the swing. "How fares your day, my friend?"

"Good. Real good," Joe answers. "Jenny's been caught up in a new relic she's found, so she'll be out of town for the next few days."

"And you chose not to accompany her?"

Joe shrugs. "I would have, but something's come up and she understood."

Ichabod quickly sets down his own cup of tea, he then leaning forward in his seat. "Are you well? Is yet another monster lurking about that we do not know of?"

"No! Nothing like that," Joe chuckles. "Just some family stuff. It's actually why I'm here," he clarifies. "I have a favor to ask of you and Abs."

"Family? I was unaware you had any left." Joe lightly grimaces and Ichabod's quick to apologize. "I'm sorry. I meant no offense."

"It's fine," Joe assures him. "It's my fault, really. I've never really talked about my cousin and I only just brought her up recently to Jenny when my cousin reached out to me."

Ichabod's brow furrows. "Is your cousin well then?"

Joe laughs. "Yeah, Crane, she's fine. Not everything I have to talk about to you or Abbie deals with monsters, man. Darcy, my cousin, just needs a place to crash for two days. Three days tops."

"Crash?" Ichabod frowns, but then comes to a realization on his own. "Oh! To stay. Spend the night, you mean."

"Yes. And since you and Abs have quite a nice little spare room.."

"Of course, of course," Ichabod quickly agrees. "I'm sure Miss Mills will say the same."

Smiling in response, Joe raises the mug up to his lips and drinks some more of his tea.

xXx

Twenty minutes later, Abbie's pulling up to her home and parking in the driveway. She calls out a greeting to Joe and Crane, and tiredly stomps up the stairs to her porch only to plomp down in the available seat next to Joe on the swing. "Long day?" He muses.