Darcy Lewis Meets Demons

It's an average Saturday night when Darcy's secret comes to light

The Avengers are surprisingly having a slow week- slow enough that it prompted Bruce to take off to parts unknown- and Darcy wasted no time in rounding the rest of the team up, plus their significant others, for a family movie night.

Tony, Jane, and Natasha are compiling a list of movies for JARVIS to queue up for them, Steve's been lounging around for the past twenty minutes with a pencil in hand and a sketchbook in his lap, and Clint's gathering all the snacks while Darcy and Pepper separate all the take-out they had ordered in. The cushioned sunk-in sitting area is filled with pillows and blankets, and Thor's taken to making himself and Jane a comfortable little nest for the night.

They manage to make it through 'Jaws' and are halfway through 'King Kong' when their window- the glass window way up at the top of the tower- shatters and two figures roll into the room. Having been in the middle of refilling the popcorn bowls, Darcy's shocked frozen in the kitchen while everyone else is in the sitting area and scrambling to their feet.

The Avengers then jump into action when the two figures- er, creatures- then stand from their own crouched positions. They're easily over six feet tall, their skin is green and reptilian-like, their eyes are blood red, a stone-like jewel sits in the middle of their forehead, and thick horns curl on either side of their heads. They're wearing dark red robes of some sort and when their mouths open to speak, their teeth are shark-like.

"Where's the Slayer?" One of them snarls.

Jane screams as Natasha immediately starts emptying bullet after bullet into what Darcy knows are demons, but the bullets merely pull a grunt with each hit and the repulsors from Tony's Iron Man gauntlet barely nudge the demons backward. Without his bow, Clint's left to cover Jane and Pepper as the scramble far out of the way, and Thor's hand flies out to his side to summon Mjölnir.

Steve throws himself at one of the demons, his super-powered punches and kicks finally doing a bit to slow the demons down. But then Natasha tries the same tactic when her bullets run out, and her hits don't have the same power behind them as Steve's do so she's easily overpowered. And not wanting her friends to be taken down, Darcy throws caution to the wind and yells, "Hey! Over here, you ugly motherfu-"

"Darcy, don't!" Jane yells, but Darcy is already lunging.

Her hand slaps down on one of Natasha's knives that had been left out, her grip tightening around the handle. Running, she uses the coffee table to give her a boost and jumps high enough so her thighs wrap around one of the demon's head. With her free hand grasping one horn, Darcy uses all her weight and strength to pull back just enough so the demon's off balance and uses the hilt of the knife in hand to crush the jewel-like stone in the center of it's forehead. It hollers in pain, punching and clawing at Darcy's side, but she hangs on with all her might and flips the knife in hand to stab the blade where the jewel once rested.