f

failure
"a chemical pregnancy? what's that?"

"you see, a chemical pregnancy occurs around the 5th week of being pregnant and ultimately it's just a very early miscarriage. the sperm has fertilised your egg, but later on, the egg failed to survive, which means i'm so sorry ms marshall, but you're baby did not survive" the doctor said, placing her hand onto vic's shoulder, pity in her eyes.

victoria's hands instantly rested on her stomach.

she stared at the ground as a tear fell down her cheek.

"we need to leave jack" she hiccuped, looking up at me.

i nodded and thanked the doctor before standing up and leaving with vic.

we just sat in the car in silence.

"i-" vic choked but couldn't seem to say any words.

"i know i wasn't trying for a baby and i know you and i both aren't ready yet but-" she paused and sniffled wiping her eyes.

"but just knowing there could've been a baby, a life, someone that could've achieved so many things just, gone" she croaked.

i kept my eyes on the road but reached one of my hands out to grab vic's.

"baby i know, but listen, one day when we're older and we're ready, we are going to start a family of our own, and i know you'll love them with all your heart, i promise victoria" i say glancing at her every few seconds.

"i love you jack"

"i love you too victoria"