Chapter 8

Before the chapter begins and you dive into the world of Barbara Gordon, I'd like to say thank you to oracle01 for the really awesome book cover! I can't thank you enough, it means a lot that you did this! So this chapter goes out to you! And so for the picture above, I did that, boredom does that to a person.  ('o) I'm sorry I had to.

"We're taking shortcuts and false solutions,
Just to come out the hero."

Gotham City
May 24 20:45 EDT

Then...

Barbara knew that sometimes things hardly ever went according to plan. Sometimes, you'd have to compromise and sometimes things just go wrong.

Her body had enough beatings, she hardly had the strength to stand. All she saw was her team, being dragged into the room she was in.

Everyone. Wally, Artemis, Karen, Kara, Conner, Megan, Kaldur, Zatanna, Garfield. The whole team.

Wally gave Barbara a weak smile, "Hey Barb, miss me?"

Barbara felt a sort of odd feeling rising. Oh, nope that was just blood. She spat out the blood that had collected in her mouth.

Wally turned away, "Damn, they did you good."

"Oh, you know it." Barbara answered. The guards pushed all of them into one huge cell, across Barbara.

The girls rushed to see their friend on the ground, bleeding with a few make-shift wraps.

She had torn her button-up and proceeded to use it to bandage herself. Her ripped jeans were soaked with both dried and flesh blood, her black tank was torn in several places, but not enough to be revealing. Her leather jacket laid hidden under the bed.

"Barbara! Oh my god...what did they do to you?" Karen asked, her hand covered her mouth in shock. While Zatanna only stared at her best friend.

Barbara grabbed one of the iron bars of the cell and used it to pull herself to her feet. A struggle merely to get up.

She gritted her teeth, using pain to cancel pain. It worked for a moment, then it would hit her again. She stepped toward the group, that only watched her in silence. Some of the faces, she didn't even know.

"Does anyone have any type of tech on them?" She asked, her labored breathing had slurred a few words, but her words were still heard.

Everyone shook their heads. Barbara sighed in disappointment. She expected that. She noticed that Richard was missing.

"Where's Dick?" She asked. Wally glanced toward Kaldur, who nodded.

"He actually got out before the siege." Wally said.

Barbara nodded, the sound of the door opening had her nearly praying. She wasn't religious, it was something her father didn't force on her, yet as she heard the sounds of boots, she prayed.

Prayed that they wouldn't take anyone else, that they would only take her instead.

The boots stopped in front of the cell of the team, some of the younger members whimpered. At that moment, a plan formed in her mind.