Chapter 2

"It started out as a kiss,
How did it end up like this?

Gotham City
July 2, 20:45 EDT

Then...

Barbara felt herself giggle as she stumbled aimlessly with a blindfold over her green eyes.

"Come on, no peeking Babs!" A male voice said somewhere behind her figure.

"Richard, I swear if this is one of those pranks Wally has you into, I will fucking punch you." She said crossing her arms. It's was rather odd to see her scold Richard with a blindfold on, but she was able to pull it off somehow.

Richard let out a chuckle, "Trust me it's not! I swear it's not!"

All she could see in front of her was a bright blue blindfold. Barbara huffed out a breath, "Better not be."

Richard gently placed Barbara where he wanted her. He smiled, "Okay open your eyes."

"Hate to tell you this Dick, but I have a blindfold on my face." She said while waving her hand in front of her blindfolded face to prove her point.

Richard rolled his blue eyes, "Okay, genius take off the blindfold."

When she did, Barbara's breath caught in her throat. In front of her was a picnic blanket laid out, along with some floating lanterns that were tied down, a small basket was set in the middle.

So this was why he didn't want me to go on patrol with Bruce. She thought. She turned around to see Richard somewhat dressed up in a plaid shirt, some jeans, and a nice pair of shoes. His messy hair was combed back.

She smiled tearfully, "Richard...this is..." She couldn't find the words to say that she loved it. That she loved him for it.

Richard smiled, "Don't say anything, I like having you speechless for once." So she didn't say anything.

They laid in silence enjoying the cool summer evening. Barbara pointed out the different constellations. Richard leaped to his feet, startling Barbara.

"I want to dance with you." He said eagerly. His blue eyes filled with mirth and joy.

Barbara blinked, "We don't have music." She was rather freaked out by the request, she only blurted out that sentence because of how nervous she was about dancing. As a girl, ballet was something that had interested her, but it never stuck like gymnastics or karate.

Richard grinned, "We actually do." He went over to the basket and pulled out a small portable speaker. He set it up as Barbara raised a brow.

Then the song came on. Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran. Richard grabbed her hand, pulling her up just as the music started.

They swayed as the chorus played, in which Richard began to sing along.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved,  you wanna be loved, you wanna be loved." He sang, the slow swaying and music made Barbara's heart flutter. This always happened when she was around him. It always did.

But she knew that the relationship wasn't anything, but platonic. It would never be anything more, nor anything less. Barbara knew that, and she didn't care, this was enough for her, for now.