Chapter 4

"Take a breath, just take a seat
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams"

Gotham City
December 24 06:30 EST

Then....

Barbara felt herself stir awake slightly. A rather large weight sat upon her waist. Her blurred vision followed. She muttered something under her breath, turning over to see her boyfriend, still asleep. His ink black hair covering his sun-kissed face. Well, she couldn't see his features so she assumed it was Richard.

He needs a haircut. She thought as she glanced at the clock behind him, noting that the time was 6:30 AM.

Her green eyes darted around the room to see where she was. Am I in my apartment?

Everything came flooding back. The party that Wally said was only going to be a few people, had turned into a full out block party.

She groaned. Her father was away on business at Metropolis, that should give her some time to clean up, if there's no vomit.

She then glanced down at the sleeping boy. Rolling her eyes, she stood up, dimly noting the fact that she was wearing Richard's blue button up. And her shorts thankfully, only the shirt covered them. She walked out of her room and into the living room, noting that Megan and Conner were on the couch together.

Wally and Artemis were probably in the guest room. Beast Boy was hanging from the ceiling with his tail. Barbara smiled slightly at him. Drool was evident on the corner of his mouth. Barbara began making coffee, that was until she noticed a oddly familiar voice talking in their sleep on the couch. She slowly walked over and noticed that Conner wasn't Conner.

She stood there shocked for a brief moment. Conner turned over, features that Barbara knew better then her own hand were staring back at her.

She quickly ran to the guest room shutting the door before yelling.
She screamed, "WHAT THE HELL!? WALLY!?!"

Her screams woke up Wally and Artemis. Wally and Artemis stumbled out of the bed, Artemis noted Barbara's attire and raised an eyebrow, while Wally looked at the redhead, confused. She then pointed to the living room and made the teen go and see what the fuss was about. He noted that Megan and Richard were spooning.

Conner walked out of Barbara's room wondering what was going on and then noticed that his girlfriend was with his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend was standing above Wally, her face livid.

"Wake them up Wally!" She screamed, "Or so help me you won't be spooning with Artemis."

Artemis smiled at Wally's expression. A child being told that he would no longer get candy or any type of sweets.

"But that's not..." Wally trailed off as Artemis shook her head, knowing that Barbara, was of course not lying.

"I'm soooo dead, do you know how Richard is when we try to wake him up?" Wally asked. Everyone shrugged except for Barbara.

She cringed slightly, "Use a stick, it's farther."

Wally stared at her, "You really have no soul do you?"