Chapter 3

Quick AN: Thanks for voting and commenting. This might be the last chapter for me to update (doesn't mean it's over, I have a lot in store for this) because finals are coming up and I have to study. But don't worry, I'll try updating once they are over. Have fun reading!

"I scraped my knees while I was praying, And found a demon in my safest haven."

Gotham City
August 10 14:45 EDT

Then...

Barbara's green eyes glowered at the man before her. The one who trained her, the one who acted like a father to her, the one who became a stranger in just a few weeks.

Bruce Wayne wasn't a bad man, of course Barbara always had known that. Bruce Wayne, the sole heir of the Wayne fortune, the science and martial arts prodigy.

Billionaire or not, no amount of money could save Bruce from the wrath of the fuming teen before him.

"Let me get this straight, the person you adopted, whom you raised, just up and left you without another word?" Barbara knew of course, it's been weeks since she had burned the letter. Something she didn't bother telling Bruce.

What she didn't know was that Bruce believed Richard was living with her during those few weeks of Hell.

Bruce's icy blue eyes glared back, yet the teen's anger towards him trumped his scare factor. "Barbara, Richard is gone, and why are you pointing fingers? I'm sure he left because of your relationship." He said.

Alfred sighed somewhere behind the duo, dusting off the pictures of the three at an amusement park of sorts. He smiled fondly at the photo, Barbara and Richard were laughing, their arms around each other, along with Bruce in the background in the middle of them, faintly smiling.

Barbara took a deep breath while closing her eyes before she faced Bruce once more.

"Our relationship is none of your concern, nor is it your business." Barbara said.

"It is my business when it involves my son." He stated.

Barbara rolled her eyes, "That said son packed up and left."

Bruce scoffed, looking at the ground. Barbara then noticed his slump shoulders and posture. Her glare softened, he was hurting just as much as she was.

"I'll let you know when I see him." Barbara said, quickly dismissing herself from Bruce's presence.

Bruce's eyes widened as he stared at the red headed teen. She was mature enough to put their petty feud aside to help him find Richard.

Bruce smiled at her retreating figure. Suddenly she turned half way around, "This doesn't mean I forgive you for what you said."

Bruce's eyes widened at her words, he seemed to forget her photographic memory, then he nodded to her. Barbara turned back around, headed for her bike.

She had, of course, forgotten that Richard was gone, well that wasn't necessarily true, she wanted to forget. She wanted to forget him entirely along with the suit that remained hidden between hanged shirts in her closet.