I shook my head.

"What!?" She yelled.

"I mean, no– as in this is way more than enough. It's like an homemade all you can eat buffet." I said amazed.

"Good! Cause I wasn't taking no for an answer." She said sitting beside me. "So, what would you like?"

I looked over all of the food.

"I'll take the bowl of fruit," I say lowly.

"Where is that again?" She asked leaning forward.

"By the bacon."

"Oh, you want bacon?" She said grabbing it.

"Janae, that ain't what I—"

"What's that you say? You also want some pancakes, eggs, and grits?" She said loading up my plate.

"Ja—"

"Oh, great choice Leah! No breakfast is complete without ham and sausage!" She says stupidly in a southern accent.

I opened my mouth.

"Oh, stop rushing me! I was boutta grab the cinnamon buns and biscuits!" She said finishing off my plate.

She placed the plate in front of me. I stared at her, trying to stay upset. She looked right back at me with an boy, you better expression. We both burst out into a fit of laughter. We laughed for a good 3 minutes straight. When the laughter died down, I spoke up.

"Thanks, Janae." I said honestly.

"No problem, what are best friends for?" She responded happily, "Now, eat! There's no way I made all of this food just for it to go to waste."

"But—"

"Eat now! Questions later!" She states.

I ate mostly everything. Not because I was hungry, but because of Janae. She's going out of her way to make sure I stay strong and don't give up, that— and she practically forced it down my throat.

Once I was done eating, Janae wrapped up the leftovers and stuck them in the fridge. She pulled me over to the couch and we sat down, watching Family Guy. After a couple minutes passed, I tapped her shoulder. She turned to look at me.

"Ja– uh... I just wanted to say thanks again— for everything basically." I said, "You do so much for me."

"Well, someone's got to be there for Bre."

It went quiet.

"Look Leah, you guys will be just fine." She said reassuringly.

"She's embarrassed of me." I stated.

"No, she isn't! She was just under allot of pressure. How would you feel if you were in love with a stud, then all of a sudden, you have to tell all your friends you're on another level of gayness they may not accept. It's like coming out for a second time." She pointed out.

She was right. Especially if you're someone like Bre. The thought of her confident, cocky, and straightforward self brought a smile to my face.

"See," Janae said smiling too.

"I guess, I was too harsh..." I admit.

Janae's phone went off. She slid it open and read her text. Towards the end, a huge grin grew across her face. I looked at her suspiciously, but she shooed me away as she typed. She replied to the text then looked back at me.

"I'm sorry, what'd you say?" She smiles.

"Well, I was just saying that I should go over there and apologize." I replied.