No 12.

No 12. [Mama Trauma]

Leah

I woke up with a great amount of weight on my thighs. I looked down to see that Bre was asleep on my lap. I slowly sat up and stretched out my arms with a long yawn.

That was one hell of a night, not to mention that punch really fucking hurt. I almost lost my cool there, along with her.

I took a deep breath and looked back down at her. I caressed her cheek and her face scrunched up causing me to laugh. I got up carefully not to wake her up. I looked around and rubbed my nose while I thought.

I should probably go check on Janae...

I walked out from underneath the vines and headed back down the path. I arrived at the camp to find it completely empty. I jogged over to the tent I never got to set up and found a note.

Dear Leah,

I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused you and I hope you were able to sort things out with Bre. You two couldn't be more perfect for each other. I'm really happy for you and I hope life gives you both all it has to offer. Also, could you please tell Bre that I am sorry and not to let her jealous side show, it isn't her prettiest side. I hope the next time I see you, Bre will be by your side. It just wouldn't feel right if she wasn't. You know where to find me if you need me. You know I'll always be here.

❤️ Love, Janae

The note ended there with her number on the bottom right corner along with her name and a heart.

There were also tear stains as well...

I looked up to the sky and made a quick prayer. Thanked God, and smiled.

I went back down the path to where Bre was and slapped her on the butt.

"Owe, nigga!" She exclaimed rubbing her bottom, "The fuck was that for?"

"What? You thought I wasn't funna get you back for that night before? Plus, you're awake now, ain't you?"

"Man, I guess..." She mumbled, standing up while she winced.

I laugh, "C'mon, we have to go." I began to walk towards the vines.

"Uh– Leah?" She asked staying in place.

"Yeah?" I answered, turning to face her.

She just stood there quietly.

"Bre, stop messing around. We really got—"

"It's my turn," she says looking up at me.

I look at her confused.

"What do you—"

She slowly elevated her pinkie finger and gave me a small meek smile.

My eyes went wide in shock.

"You really don't have to—"

"I know this is childish and all," she laughs. "But, I want to start something– m-mm... more?" She says timidly, taking slow steps towards me.

I walked toward her and extended my pinkie finger with a laugh.

I swear she's the cutest thing.

"Promise me that– that... no matter what happens, you won't give up on me. I know I can be hard to deal with– and, all this is brand new for me... but, just please don't let me go." She manages to get out with much sincerity.