No 15.

No 15. [Mission: Win Leah Back!]

Leah

I didn't really get much sleep. I sat up and checked my phone. I had 20 missed calls/voicemails, and 35 messages from Bre.

I shut my phone down completely and threw it on the hot pink pillow.

I looked over at the clock on the wall, it was 6 AM. I stood up and walked out of the room. Janae was sitting on the couch watching TV, and eating cereal. She looked up at me and gasped.

"You look awful!" She exclaimed grabbing my hand, "Did you sleep?"

I stared at the floor.

"Come on," she said pulling me to the bathroom.

She turned on the hot water and sat me on the toilet seat lid. She ran a towel under the water and rubbed it against my face. When she finished that she put toothpaste on a toothbrush and forced it in my mouth. She reached for a cup and filled it with water. She pushed my head back and opened my mouth filling it with water. She shut my jaw and shook my head back, forth, up and down. She then leaned me over and reopened my mouth letting the water fall freely. She finished up by drying my face off with a washcloth and handing me a mirror.

"Much better!" She exclaimed proudly.

I stared at my reflection blankly.

"Ugh!" She exclaimed, grabbing me once again.

She pulled me into the kitchen and sat me down onto a chair. She poured me a bowl of Pops and handed me a spoon.

"Eat," she demanded.

I stared at the food.

"Janae, I ain't really—"

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't... uh– remember asking you... how you feel... I don't remember asking you anything actually, but I do remember telling you to eat." She retorts with much emphasis in her words.

I looked up at her.

"I don't like this cereal."

"Okay, fine." She said standing up.

She walked into the kitchen. I heard pots and pans banging around. The fridge opened and closed, repeatedly.

I wonder what Bre is doing...
I wonder if she told her friends...
I wonder if they understood.

Maybe I was a bit too hard on her, maybe I put too much pressure on her. She did warn me that she was new to this. I mean, I also am the one taking this the hardest...

I was brought out of my thoughts by Janae clearing her throat. She quickly glanced down at the table and back to me. I looked down and my mouth fell open. I was beyond just speechless.

"You at loss for words, honey?" She said with an southern accent, "Let me help you out, dear child. Welcome to the Elliot's Café! We've got bacon, eggs, pancakes and flapjacks, which are for a fact two completely different things, in a variety of flavors. There's blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry, blackberry, cherry, berry– well we have a lot of flavors alright?" She said pointing things out on the table, "Let's see here– there is also, grits, oatmeal, sausage, toast, with any kind of jam, muffins, bagels, french toast, waffles, a little bowl of fruit, ham, yogurt, cinnamon buns, biscuits, and last but not least– juice and milk!" She finished, counting them off her fingers.

I stared at her, then back at the food, then back at her.

"How did you–"

"And, if you don't like any of this, I can run down to Dunkin' Donuts to pick up some donuts and kolaches." She cuts me off, winking with a grin.