Part 15: A Shift In The Air Part 2

Start from the beginning

“Enjoy, anak.”

Ay, ano daw? Enjoy? Ang weird lang ni Daddy ngayon. Hahaha. She softly chuckled to herself as she walks toward their garden.

Her eyebrows raised a bit when she heard a soft sound coming from the garden.

“Wow ha, ang aga aga, sound trip?” She wonders who could have left the sound system on in their garden.

She walked slowly towards their garden with a crease on her brows. Her expression turned from puzzled to a surprised one.

“Sam? W-what are you doing here? Kanina ka pa ba dito? ” Wow! Talk about surprises!

“Hi Princess. Surprised?” Sam asked as he walks slowly towards her.

“O-oo.. Akala ko kasi nakauwi ka na kanina.” Nang walang paalam, mind you.

“I didn’t. I just had to go somewhere during the show and prepare all of these.” He said as he motions towards what he prepared.

A table for 2 was set in the middle of their garden. Soft music can be heard from their sound system. Since it’s still early and dawn is yet to come, the lights are turned on, giving a serene and soft glow to the garden.

“You prepared all of these? Why?” She’s a bit speechless. She thought that he had left without a word which caused a sour mood, and now this…

“It’s just simple breakfast. I thought you will be really tired from the taping and would like to er, have something to eat before calling it a day. Sorry if I wasn’t able to let you know, I wanted to surprise you sana.” He shyly said.

“Thank you…” Is all that she can mutter. She let Sam to guide and assist her in seating down. “This is..”

“This is?...” Sam queried when she didn’t finish her sentence.

“This is.. sweet.” She gave him her sweetest smile.

Sam smiled back at her, making her heart flutter. “Anything for my Princess.”

They ate while talking about how the day went. She found out that Sam left during the middle of the show to go home for a while, take a quick shower and change clothes. He then went to her place and cooked for the “breakfast” that they’re eating and set the table. And of course, her parents knew it all along.

“Thanks Sam… Hindi ko ineexpect to, but still, thank you.”

He felt a tug at his heart when he saw the sweet smile that she gave him. He stood up and offered his hand, “Since we’re done, I think you should head to your room and take your much needed rest.”

“But the table –“

“Leave them to me, it would only take me a couple of minutes to clean this up.”

“Pwede siguro natin tawagin sina Ate --.”

“Wag na, I can manage. It’s too early to wake them up. This is just a small thing.”

Sighing and knowing she wouldn’t win against him on this, she crossed her arms and said, “Fine. Pero let me help you at least to bring the plates to the kitchen, and you can’t say no.”

Laughing, he raised his hands in surrender. “Okay, fine. Wala naman akong laban sayo. Come on, let’s do this quickly.”

They gathered the dishes and silently and brought them to the sink in the kitchen. Since there are only a couple of plates, they decided to wash them up. While doing so, Sarah was playfully sprinkling him with water from the faucet.