Part 15: A Shift In The Air Part 2

*****************************************************************************

Hello once again. Dahil medyo kulang pa yung last chappy, this is sort of a continuation of the last chappy. :) Sorry had to cut the previous chapter short, it’s a bit lengthy na kasi. :)

*****************************************************************************

Part 15: A Shift in the Air (Part 2)

Right after the taping, Sarah immediately walked towards her dressing room. She is dead tired from the long hours of sitting on the red chair and taping for the battle rounds. Imagine sitting on the red chair, listening to 12 sets of songs and trying to weigh up 24 artists on their performances.

Define draining ng energy. She thought. She is so looking forward to a good night’s rest as tomorrow (or later since it is already 3 in the morning) is another long day of taping.

“I wonder. Asan na ba yung isang yun?” She looked at her phone and saw that there’s no message from him. “Baka umuwi na. Sabagay, sinabihan ko naman na he can leave whenever he wants since aabutin to ng medaling araw.”

But she couldn’t help to feel but slightly disappointed.

She went straight into her dressing room. She was half-expecting to see him there but only ended a bit disappointed when she saw just her father waiting for her in the dressing room.

“Andyan ka na pala anak. Magbihis ka na para makauwi ka agad. Panigurado, pagod na pagod ka na.” She heard her kind father said.

“Opo ‘Dy. Saglit lang po, magbibihis lang ako.”

After changing her clothes to jeans and a simple blouse, she immediately went out of the comfort room inside the dressing room and walked towards her father.

“Tara na ‘Dy. Late na din.”

She glanced one more time towards her dressing room and the hallway when they walked out of the studio.

“Bakit parang may hinahanap ka anak?”

“Wala naman, ‘Dy. Tara na po.” She sadly answered. She hopped inside their van and left out a deep sigh.

Noticing the sadness on her face, her Daddy just sweetly smiled at her and went after her inside the van. He let his daughter in her pensive mode. He knows she’s in for a small surprise this morning.

*****

“Andito na tayo.” She heard her dad announced. Wow, ganon kabilis. Di ko man lang namalayan na andito na kami sa bahay. Ganon kalalim ang iniisip ko?

She slowly stepped out of their van. Before she could reach their front door, she heard her father say.

“Siyanga pala, Anak. Pwede mo bang daanan sina Chacha sa garden? I’m sure nami-miss ka na ng mga baby mo.”

“Po? Pero ---“ Wow, sa ganitong oras ng gabi, I mean, umaga?

“Sige na… Daanan mo lang. Dalhin mo na din si Jorge (her father’s dog).”

“Po, hala. As if naman mabibitbit ko talaga yun. Ang bigat kaya ng alaga nyo, ‘Dy.”

“Hahaha. Joke lang, anak. Sige na, pumunta ka na sa may garden. Matulog ka na din agad pagkatapos.”

“Sige po, ‘Dy. Good evening and good morning po.” She kissed her father goodnight. Before she could walk towards their garden, she heard her father muttered,