galena

the sixth of september

i saw you for the first time today since the start of summer and the end of tests. the relationship we have is still similar to before, distant but familiar.

you were still the funny and somewhat annoying guy i knew, and i still made those notable comments in response to your statements. everyone still laughed at those because i'm what they call a savage when it comes to commenting on you.

everything about seeing you, seeing my friends, seeing my teachers and fellow group members, has made this day even greater than it could ever be. time has passed by so quickly, and it's hard to believe that this time is the last beginning of my time here at this school that we've grown to love.

the friendships, the memories, it is true what they say. we are one family and that, itself, will never change.

☽ ✦ ☾

the seventh of september

it is hard to believe that time has passed so fast. we all talked about how times have changed so suddenly because we could still remember the days when we were all just freshmen like the new students we'd be spending time with today.

yet, we are all seniors now, and it's hard to believe that those people who spoke when we were freshmen were right when they said it'd be the fastest four years of your life.

and now, we are in their shoes. we are writing talks and spending time with the freshmen like how the seniors of the past did the same for us.

the memories are so very alive, and as i listened to the talks my friends gave, it's almost hard to believe that i am like those past seniors who were specifically chosen to be a part of this group. when it came time for me to speak during practice sessions later in the afternoon, i spoke with my heart still beating in my chest, and when i finished, there was scattered applause as there were few people of our group left.

and once i finished, you and my friend, who i came to meet and learn more about because of this group, smiled at me and told me that my talk was great. i showed my gratitude to them with a smile and thanks of my own.

when you came up to talk, it was clear to see that you were meant to speak. you knew your talk well, and you barely had to look at your paper. you spoke with heart and made your point strong and true.

you will do great things. i know you will because the strength and confidence you had in your own words are the only kind that can be found in a speaker, a great leader.

we are the leaders of our school, and i am glad to say that i am a leader among the many people i know and cherish so. with our good hearts and open eyes, we can finally grow to be what we call humans of society.

☽ ✦ ☾

the ninth of september

perhaps today was not meant to be my day because they were some fumbles that i wish hadn't occurred.

after so many practices, how could it be that this time, when it mattered, i lost my place in my talk and paused a little too long. oh, how i am disappointed in myself.

more knowledge has been obtained to help me see what's in store for my friends and me. why is it that i've been so separated from them?

there's more to this day as well. you were doing this silly thing where you waving at people, and when it came to me, i just looked at you as you waved. i didn't wave back, and i even acted proud or something as you just made a gesture to forget about it.

and now when i think about it, that wave wasn't like the ones you made at your friends before me. there seemed to be this hesitancy, a meekness that perhaps i just imagined, and perhaps it is because we aren't so close.

my heart is sad, and i just am not happy with myself today. the clouds grow grey, and the sun's gone to hide yet still relentlessly heats up the world in my eye. the day had some niceness to it, but i am so ashamed at messing up. i'm blue because the picture my friend took for me somehow disappeared from my phone's photo memory.

and last of all, i wish i just waved back instead of acting like this, like a girl with some attitude problem. oh, today is not truly my day, but does it foreshadow something else to come by?

nevertheless, i'm so very ashamed today, but i'll be better in a few days because like i said before, there's happiness through the pain of tomorrow.

☽ ✦ ☾

the twelfth to sixteenth of september

it's been a busy first week, and needless to say, that it's a relief to know that things have ended for the day.

there have been some down moments throughout this week, but i'm quite happy again to be able to see all these people who mean so much to me. despite the fact that i am very separated from many of my closest friends, i share many classes with you that it's almost at odd ends.

however, i think we're okay, not quite as close as many would wish for, but i'm glad either way. it is nice to see you still depend on me, but you've grown independent now.

you don't need me for those little things like homework. nah, you only need me to see what the homework is for the night for the classes we share as you still get the rest from our other friend.

and i am proud of you for finally doing what is your own.

and i am happy that maybe this last year will be the most amazing one yet because there's nothing left to hold us back except for ourselves, and i don't intend to fall behind. not this time, friend.

☽ ✦ ☾

love, galena

the end