Chapter 21

Clara's P.O.V.
  It's all my fault, I'm a terrible wife. I can never be the true pride and joy he wants Stephanie was right.
  She looked at the window and saw Stephanie glaring at her.
  "Ahhh." Clara screamed. Derek, Sam, and Jason came running in.
  "What's wr..." Clara was laying on the ground with a gash in her head. She had tripped over the edge of the bed and sliced it open on the glass bed side table, that had shattered.
  Jessica ran in and saw what happened. She ran out of the room to call an ambulance. Soon the ambulance was there and was rushing Clara to the hospitable. Derek, Sam, Jason, Chelsea, and Jessica all rushed into the waiting room.
  "I'll call Austin." Derek said.
  Jessica nodded at him.
Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring...
  "Hello?" Austin's voice broke.
  "What's wrong?!"
  "Clara and I had an argument."
  "Clara's actually why I'm calling you..."
  "What's wrong?!"
  "Um... Well... We are kind of... sort of... in the hospitable waiting room."
  "Why?!"
  "Clara fell and knocked her head on the bed side table and it broke."
  "How bad was it?!"
  "When they picked her up there was glass stuck to her clothes and hair."
  "Okay... I'll try to be there as soon as possible."
  "Okay."
  "Keep me updated. Bye."
  "Bye."
  Austin's P.O.V.
  This is all my fault. If I wasn't such an idiot. If I wouldn't have snapped she wouldn't be in the hospitable right now!
  Austin dialed his dad's number...
  "Hello?" His dad asked.
  "Is it necessary for me to be here?" Austin asked urgently.
  "You better have a really good reason to want to skip it..."
  "Clara's in the hospitable! She fell into the glass bedside table and it shattered! D... Dad, I'm worried about her..." Austin's voice broke.
  "Son, I want you getting to the hospitable as fast as you can. Forget about the meeting. Rob can cover it."
  "Okay. Thanks a ton Dad."
  Austin rushed into his room and rushed around trying to grab everything that was his.
  "What are you doing? Switching rooms cause I'm a meanie?!" Rob mocked.
  "I don't have time for you!" Austin yelled at him.
  "What's wrong with you?"
  "My wife is in the hospitable and I'm four hours away."
  Austin rushed out of the room without another word.
Clara's P.O.V.
  Clara opened her eyes and everything was moving.
  "She's awake!" Someone yelled. Clara slowly started drifting back into an unconscious state.
  "We're loosing her."
  "Let her fall asleep." Someone else replied.
~*~
Austin's P.O.V.
  Austin ran into the waiting room and up to the front desk.
  "Where's my wife?!"
  Sam ran over to him and pulled him to where they were all sitting.
  "They were working on pulling all the glass out of her." Sam replied.
  "I need to see her!"
  "You will. Just give it a little bit."
  Austin put his head in his hands and started to cry.
  "Why her?! Why not me?!" He mumbled over and over.
  Sam patted his back trying to comfort him the best he could.
  "Clara Newman?"
Austin jumped up and sprinted to the lady.
"Can I see her?!"
"First I need to warn you she's unconscious, and we don't know how long she'll be out. Clara has a concussion, a long gash on her forehead, which should heal up without a scar being left, and she will have several scars on her back, on her legs, and neck to the back of the head."
"Can I see her now?!"
"Yes. Come with me."
They walked into Clara's room.
She looks so peaceful.
  "When will she be awake?"
  "It's hard to say, but probably in the morning."
  "Okay, thank you." The nurse walked out of the room. Austin pulled a chair up to the edge of the bed, that Clara was laying in, and gently grabbed her hand.
  "I'm so sorry," he whispered before sobbing.
~*~
Clara's P.O.V.
Clara slowly opened her eyes and looked around. Everything was white, a hospital.
What am I doing here? Shouldn't I be at home?
She looked over and saw Austin sleeping in a chair. Clara gently squeezed his hand.
Austin's P.O.V.
Austin felt something squeeze his hand, and he slowly opened his eyes. Clara was awake!
"Clara," Austin whispered.
"Yes..."
"I'm so sorry. I never should have snapped. If I would have kept my mouth shut then you wouldn't..."
He was cut off by Clara's lips meeting his. Austin passionately kissed her back. He didn't know how he could have snapped at this beautiful woman. Austin pulled back wanting to ask a question that had been bothering him.
"How did you fall into the table?"
"I tripped on the bed." Clara looked down at her hands nervously.
"Clara, don't do this." Austin gently lifted her chin up so she was looking him in the eye.
"I... I saw h... her," she started crying and put her head in her arms.
"Baby, it's okay. She can't get you. I'm here now." Austin sat on the bed and pulled Clara onto his lap. He gently rubbed her back.
"I... I'm sc... scared."
"I know, baby, but nothing will happen I'm here."
Clara slowly cried herself to sleep.
~*~
  Clara opened her eyes and didn't see Austin.
  "Austin?" She whispered. "Austin?"
  A nurse walked in and saw that Clara was awake.
  "How do you feel?" The nurse asked.
  "Um... Okay."
  "Well I need to run some tests to make sure you're okay to go home."
  Clara nodded her head, "Where's my husband?"
  "He had a meeting to get to. He said he would be back asap."
  "Okay."