Chapter 11

LOUIS' POV

I look at the girl sitting across from me. My view has changed. She is ten times more special to me now. The fact that she had leukemia is horrid. And the fact that I didn't know hurts even more.

"Louis... don't worry about me, please! I'm okay now, I will be okay." Rae speaks softly to me. Her words are comforting, but the bit of pain is still present in my heart.

"I know, Rae. I know."

Connor clears his throat and breaks our moment.

"We'll always be here for you Rae, whenever you need us." He looks at Rae with nervous eyes, and then drops them down to the floor.

"I know, Connor... thanks. But I'm healthy, I'm good, I don't need you to think that I need help." She smiles slightly.

Kudos to Connor for trying with Rae, but he's failing miserabely.

Connor continues to look at the ground and I make eye contact with Rae, nodding my head in his direction.

I pull out my phone and send her a text.

Told you he likes you.

Her phone buzzes in her lap and she jumps. Luckily Connor is still out of his element, staring at the ground.

Are you sure?

I look up at Rae and she's shrugging her shoulders.

It's quite obvious! I can tell he's trying so hard.

Ugh. Would it be mean of me to say that I don't think of him that way?

I look back up at her once more and shake my head, mouthing 'no.' She rests her cheek in her hand and gazes at Connor with guilt in her eyes.

RAE'S POV

Fuck. Connor likes me. 

But maybe he doesn't?

I only know from Louis, who isn't 100% sure with himself either. Maybe Connor is always this nervous and awkward.

"Hey, Connor." I address him.

He picks his head up. "Yeah?"

"Have you ever, uh, had a girlfriend before?" I ask without thinking.

WHY DID I JUST ASK THAT?

Connor's eyes light up. "No." He tells me. "Why?"

I answer immediately. "Just wondering." 

I look over to Louis who is biting his bottom lip to restrict himself from smiling. He knows how stupid I am for asking that.

I hope Connor doesn't think I want him.

Shit.

~~~

Connor stands inbetween me and Louis as we walk back down the street towards home. His arm keeps brushing up against mine, and I try my best not to fidget.

"Hey! I have an idea! Let's go to Zeusos!" Louis excitedly says.

"Zeusos...?" Connor asks.

"Yeah, mate! That's the club me and Rae went to last week. The one I invited you to, but you were too much of a little twat to come with us." He chuckles.

I reach over past Connor and smack Louis softly in the back. "Louis!"

"I'm only messing, aren't I, Connor?" He slings his arm around the boy.

"Uh, yeah." Connor fake laughs.

"So, whaddya say, lads? Zeusos?"

I thought the night was only going to consist of a short coffee hangout, but Zeusos was fun last time, and maybe Louis would go up and sing again.

"I'm in." I say.

Connor snaps his head to me, confusion on his face. "You want to go?" He asks.

"Yeah! Why not? I had an amazing time last night. You have to experience it."

He thinks for a bit before nodding his head in agreement.

"Zeusos it is." Louis sing-songs.

~~~

It's 8:00 by the time the three of us get a seat inside the small club. A man with a long beard and sandals is on the stage; half singing, half talking some sort of poem.

"This is a bit weird, don't you think?" Louis whispers in my ear.

"Agreed." 

I drum my fingers on the table and wait for the beard man to finish off his poem.

"Are you going to go up and sing again? You were incredible last time."

Louis looks down at me and rubs his stubble on his cheek. "Not sure... maybe you could go up there and sing something." He suggests.

No way.

"Remember the bet? You still owe me something." Louis grins cheekily.

I open my mouth to protest, but before I can say anything, I notice a familiar blonde walking through the small doorway of the club. He has on a white tee-shirt and a denim vest. A guitar case is slung across his back.

It's the singer from the street. Niall.

Louis follows my gaze towards the front of the club and notices Niall. A smirk slowly spreads across his handsome face and he nudges me.

"A duet."

I look up at Louis, puzzled. "What?" 

He nods his head towards the boy.

"With him."

[Please keep voting!!! And don't forget to leave comments! I'd love to hear feedback! Maybe some suggestions as to what you want to happen? Thank you guys all so much for reading this far! It means a lot! xx]