Chapter 6

"Hi, I'm Niall, and I'm going to start this night off right with an Irish traditional folk song." He speaks into the microphone.

I look at up at Louis. "That's him."

Louis looks down at me with a raised eyebrow. "That's who?"

"That's the singer I went to go look for." I explain to him.

Louis looks back up at the stage and takes a long drink of his beer.

Niall clears his throat and pulls the guitar strap over his shoulder, lifting up his foot higher on the stool and resting the instrument on his knee.

"Of all the money that e'er I had, I spent it in good company.

And of all the harm that e'er I've done, alas it was to none but me.

And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall.

So fill to me the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

His voice travels softly throughout the bar, warming my ears with it's beautiful sound. He picks his fingers at the strings, a way in which that is partly soothing.

Of all the comrades that e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away.

And all the sweethearts that e'er I had, they would wish me one more day to stay.

But since it falls unto my lot that I should rise and you should not.

I'll gently rise and I'll softly call, 'Goodnight and joy be with you all.'

"Isn't he wonderful?" I whisper to Louis.

Louis shrugs. "He's okay, I guess."

I frown. "Why don't you like it?"

"Not my kind of music, really." He states.

A man may drink and not be drunk, a man may fight and not be slain.

A man may court a pretty girl and perhaps be welcomed back again.

But since it has so ordered been by a time to rise and a time to fall.

Come fill to me the parting glass, good night and joy be with you all.

Good night and joy be with you all."

The song ends and I find myself standing, clapping along with the rest of the crowd.

"Thank you, goodnight." Niall says, standing up from his stool and giving a little bow. I watch him walk off the stage and I take my seat back down next to Louis, who didn't stand. He didn't even clap, now that I notice.

"Why are you so grouchy?" I ask Louis.

Maybe I should have went to Scarlette and Regina's party. Louis told me I would have more fun here, but he's not being very enjoyable.

"I'm not." Louis says. "I just don't get why you're so into him." He nods towards Niall who is now walking up to the bar.

"I'm not 'into him' I just enjoy his music, that's all." I retort. "Besides, if you don't really 'like his music' then why don't you go up there and sing something that you are into." A smug smile spreads across my lips.

"Is that a bet?" Louis eyes brighten.

I'm now realizing that Louis is one of those cheeky guys. Making bets, rolling his eyes, substituting answers for shrugs. It's weird, because come to think of it, he's friends with Connor. Who doesn't really come across that way, at all.

"If you want it to be." I tell him.

Niall reaches the bar and Louis is already out of his seat, walking towards the stage. He's really going for it.

"So, did you like it?" I hear the Irish accent in my ear, and I turn my head to see that Niall has taken a seat next to me.

"You were amazing. I didn't even know you were coming here to play."

"I come every Friday. I like to perform... it's better than on the sidewalk if you ask me." He gives a small laugh.

I interlock my fingers together. "Why do you play on the sidewalk, anyway?" I ask him.

Niall lifts the beer glass that he ordered up to his lips and pauses. He takes a sip before answering. "Well, I don't know. It's easy money, I guess. And like I said before, I like to perform. Even if I'm sitting outside on cement."

I smile at him, looking into his eyes. They're so blue.

"Makes sense." I cooly answer.

"So, why'd you come here?" He asks me after a few moments of silence.

I point up to the stage, seeing Louis taking a seat in the stool that Niall was sitting in minutes before.

"My friend Louis invited me." I tell him.

"Is he a singer?"

I pause.

"Well... we're about to find out."

[Sorry this was so short guys! I wanted to update today, but I didn't have the time to make it too long. I hope you're enjoying it so far! Please leave comments, I love to hear feedback.]