Chapter 14 - Mourning Mornings

Start from the beginning

       "Mum? Dad?" I croaked out as I stared at them.

~~Christina's P.O.V.~~

     I stood there, my back to the demon that caught me. I let my shoulders slump as I cursed myself for being so stupid and not being more careful.

      "I knew you weren't here to help Lucifer win the battle," he said. I turned around slowly and looked into the eyes of the demon. 

        "Alright, you caught me, what are you going to do about it? Tell Lucifer?" I asked. He just raised an eyebrow at me.

        "No, I'm going to help you," this time, my eyebrows raised at this.

       "Help me?" I asked, practically wanting him to repeat everything he had just said. He nodded. 

         "I don't want to be on Lucifer's side anymore. I can't stand being evil. Worst of all, I can't stand watching him treat the humans so badly," he whispered in horror. I nodded slowly.

         "But you're a demon, watching him torture them should be a pleasure," I said slowly. He shook his head and looked at me.

         "I used to be like you, you know. I was just a human wanting to get rid of my pain and anger. He offered me a deal and I couldn't resist. I took the offer, but I should have known to never trust him. He transformed me to who I am today, then he took my family and made them slaves," he explained. Hearing this, made me upset. At least this demon had some purity in his heart, I, on the other hand, had none. 

         "Look, I'll help you sneak into seeing the Crowns every night, just as long as you promise me that you can help me and my family get out of here safe and sound, alright?" he offered. 

         "I can't promise that I'll help everyone get out safe and sound, but I can promise I'll try," I replied back. He stared at me for a second before he shrugged.

        "Good enough for me," he said quietly. He walked around me and opened the door to the dungeon to the Crowns cells. He gestured for me to follow him. I stayed close behind him as he grabbed the wooden torch and began making his way around the cave-like structure. After a few series of twists and turns, we arrived in-front of two, large, golden doors. 

         "They're through there. Use your powers and walk through the doors, it's the only way to get in actually. You have a thirty minute window before Lucifer's daughter comes into the dungeon room," the demon explained. I frowned at this.

        "Why would she come in here?" I asked.

         "The only way for the Prince to stay alive is to...pleasure her..." he explained. I felt my demon roar at this. My anger picked up as I tried hard not to find Lucifer's daughter and rip her to pieces for touching my mate. 

          "Calm down, the only one who enjoys it is her, she's a dirty little slut," disgustingly said the demon. My demon calmed down at bit, but she was still raging. Who was I kidding? I was raging too, it wasn't just her. 

          "Hurry up, you have a twenty-eight minute window now," he hissed. I nodded and used my powers to walk through the large doors. As soon as I walked through, I noticed the Queen, King, Princess, and Prince all look up instantly. 

          "It's just me," I said as I made myself visible. They all relaxed. The Princess came running towards me, but the shackle around her ankle was too short, and she ended up getting yanked back. She hissed lightly as she landed on the hard floor. I walked over towards her and helped her up.

         "My Princess, are you alright?" I asked. She nodded slightly, but I could see the tears in her eyes. I gave her a small, sad smile. 

          "Would you like me to take the pain away?" I asked. She shook her head and pulled away from me.

           "I'm not stupid, Christina. I know that taking away pain hurts you, and I won't put you in that situation," said the Princess. I looked away from her, guilt on my face.

          "Christina..." she trailed off slowly, "tell me you didn't."

           I sighed and stood up. I pulled off my shirt to reveal my back. Since I was in my true transformation, my back was covered in the dark symbols, but in each open space of the symbols, you could see my veins. They used to be clear and un-see-able, but now, you can see that my veins were covered in nothing but poison. I was about to put my shirt back down, but I felt fingers trace my symbols and black veins. The sparks of electricity sparked through my back, causing me to shudder in pleasure. I turned around slowly, while letting my shirt drop back into place. I stared up into the brown eyes of the Prince. He was looking at me with glee and pain.

          "You're body has too much poison in it," he whispered gently. His breath hitting my face, warming me slightly. 

           "I know, my Prince. I have taken a lot of poison from my sister when we were attacked," I said. He frowned when I called him Prince, instead of Tyler. He opened his mouth, but someone else walked through the golden doors. I turned around to see the demon that was helping me enter in.

        "Christina, we have to go, she's coming," I nodded and told him to go without me. He nodded and walked through the doors, leaving me alone with the Crowns.

           "I have to go, but I'll be back later on," I said. I turned around to walk away, but the Prince shot out his hand and captured my upper arm in his palm. I turned to look at him questioningly. Instead of saying anything, he pulled me into his arms and held onto me tightly. 

         "As soon as I get out of here, I'm going to make up everything I've ever done to you. I'm so sorry, please forgive me," he whispered as he let me go. My heart, for the first time, fluttered at his words. My stomach twisted as I stared up into his eyes. It was full of truth and nothing else. I believed him, for some odd reason. My heart jolted as I heard a feminine voice from outside of the golden, double doors. Immediately, I used my powers to make myself invisible. As soon as she walked through, I slipped past her and through the doors. I never got to get a good look at her since I was busy running through the cave-live maze. All I knew was that she had chocolate brown hair. 

         Once I got back to my guest room, I slumped down onto the bed and began to plan a way to get everyone out of here safe and sound. I wanted to go back home, to where Cassidy and Lucas were. And I wanted to bring my mate and his family with me. I wasn't leaving without accomplishing my quest.

______________________________________________________________

Another short chapter. So sorry that I haven't been making them as long as they should be. Anyways, a little spoiler for you guys, Lucifer's daughter is a certain person that hasn't been in this story for quiet a while. WHO EVER GUESSES LUCIFER'S DAUGHTER CORRECTLY (FIRST) WILL GET THE NEXT CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM!