Chapter 2 - Rule #1: You Show No Weakness

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF JENNY ON THE SIDE

     "Let's go, Jenny! You have to be faster than that!" shouted Keith as he repeatedly clapped his hands and watched as Jenny ran through the man-made obstacle with slowness. I sighed and dropped my head in my hands when I saw her eyes go wide before she fell off the floating pavement, which resulted for everything to stop. David slowly lowered his hands so that the floating pavement was no longer floating, but laying flat on the ground. He rushed over towards Jenny to inspect her wound. I sat there, watching was everyone gathered around her and asked her if she was okay.

     I placed my hand over my mouth and watched as she let a few tears come out of her eyes. but since no one noticed, she quickly wiped them away before she glanced up at me. Keith sighed and ran a hand through his hair before he glanced over at me. I shook my head and got up from the chair I was sitting in, before I slowly walked away.

     I knew Jenny could do it, I just wanted to know why she wasn't showing and using her full potential. This was her 27th run through the obstacle, and yet the same thing happens over and over again.

     "Wait, Cass!" I heard Saxon shout as small sniffles came from Jenny. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Saxon catching up with me, as for Jenny, she was looking down at the ground with anger and disappointment. I stopped walking and turned around to face Saxon as he jogged up to meet me where I stood.

     "Let her go again," he breathed as he came to a stop. I looked over his shoulder and looked at Jenny, she was begging me with her eyes. I clenched my jaw and looked around her body, which was covered in bruises. I shot my eyes over towards Saxon and shook my head.

     "No, I won't allow her to go again. You need to stop this before it gets out of hand, Sax. This was her 27th run! If she continues, she's hurt herself and put herself in bed for weeks," I replied looking up at him. Saxon tried hard not to let any of the things I said affect him but I could tell he knew I was right.

     "Why don't you believe in her?" he asked, his voice raising slightly. I glared at him.

     "Don't you dare turn this around on me, Sax. I know she can do it, but she just isn't showing what I need her to do. I can't allow her to go on that battle field months from now, with what she is showing me right now. If I do, she'll die before anyone can say run," I hissed. I knew everyone heard me, and honestly, I wasn't lying, nor did I feel bad for saying it. I know I am caring at times, but when it comes to training, that's where I draw the line. I need to stay focused and tell the truth, you know, rip the bandage off. I can't sugar coat things and just pat her back and say that she is good to go, because it's not the truth.

     I turned around and walked away into the forest, leaving everyone silent.

~~Keith's P.O.V.~~

     We all stayed quiet as Cassidy walked away into the forest, fuming slightly. Saxon didn't even turn around to look at us, he walked into the pack house, looking quite bothered.

     "I'll go after her," said David as he took off after Cass. Peter got up and jerked his head towards the pack house, which basically told us that he's going after Saxon. We watched as Peter disappeared through the back-doors before we focused our attention on Jenny. May, Lucas, and I looked at each other before we exchanged glances with Nick, Leo, and Seth.

     "I really am the worst, aren't I?" mumbled Jenny. We all looked down at her bewildered.

     "No, don't worry about Cass, okay?" quietly said May. Nick and Leo helped Jenny patch up her bruise before they sat down onto the ground.