Clary- Imprinting

Imagine: you are dating Clary, and then you went to visit your older brother Jacob Black, where some concerns arise.

Reader: Gender Neutral. No pronouns used.

Second person pov:
"I'm nervous, Y/n." Your girlfriend Clary, told you.

"Don't be, Clary." You reassured, giving her waist a soothing squeeze.

You knocked on the oak door three times in a rhythmic pattern. Shuffling was heard before the door was opened.

"Y/n!" Jacob greeted, wrapping his arms around you in an embrace.

"Nice to see you too, Jacob." You chuckled, hugging back.
Once you pulled back after a few seconds, Jacob looked at you to introduce Clary.

"Oh, sorry! Jacob, Clary. Clary, Jacob." You introduced, blushing at your brief lack of attention.

"Hi, I've heard many good things about you." Jacob told Clary and enveloped her in a hug.

"Same here." Clary returned the embrace, a smile on her face.

"Let's go inside!" Your brother said cheerfully and lead you both in the home.

Once you entered, you grinned a bit at the familiar surroundings of your childhood home. You looked to Clary and she was gazing in awe at the new territory she was in.

"Hey, where's your bathroom? It was a long trip here." Clary asked Jacob, making him chuckle.

"Third door on your left." Jacob directed, his hands gesturing to where to go.

Clary smiled at him appreciatively and walked out to go to the bathroom.
Once she had left, Jacob turned to you.

"So. That's your girlfriend." Jacob brought up, making your eyebrow quirk.

"Yep," You replied, noticing his eyebrows raise quickly.

"Problem?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"Isn't she a shadowhunter?" Jacob questioned, making a stride over to where you were standing.

"She is, so?" Your arms fell to your sides, the simple motion seemed to put Jacob on edge.

"I'm just saying. Wouldn't a shadowhunter be embarrassed to be seen with a downworlder? That's what they call us right? Downworlders." Jacob asked rhetorically, tension seeping in his tone and in the room.

"Jacob," Your voice firmly spoke.

"Have you imprinted on her yet?" Asked Jacob, him circling around your frame.

"Yes. I have." You admitted, jaw clenching.

Jacob didn't speak, but he just shook his head disapprovingly.

"Jacob. I get that some shadowhunters are like that, but Clary isn't what you think." You defended, fists clenching at your sides.

"You say that now," Jacob growled.

"You trust them. You bring them home. Give them hospitality,"

"Tell me, Y/n! Did it do our parents any favors! Huh?Where are they?!" Jacob yelled, and your hand instantly collided with his cheek.

"Don't you dare bring them into this!" You screamed, tears glazing over your eyes.

"Clary! Let's go!" You turned your head and called out in her direction.

Little did you know she had already been there, listening. However she simply walked over to you, acting as if she hasn't heard anything, she knew it wasn't the time for more stress.

"Come on, babe." You took her hand and led her out of the house and into the car.

The car ride back home was silent. There was no talking, and no music. Only the occasional sounds of the road.

Once you got back, you and Clary laid in each other's arms, silenced overtaking the room.

"Y/n? We should talk about what happened, sweetie." Clary rubbed your back, comforting you, breaking the silence.

You simply nodded in reply, acknowledging her point.

"What does imprinting mean?" Clary asked innocently, her fingers running through your hair.

"Imprinting is the involuntary inclination by which shape-shifters find their soulmates." You explained.

"Tell me about it." Clary urged, biting her lip as you spoke.

"When we imprint on a specific person, we become unconditionally bound to them for the rest of our life, and everyone and everything else in our lives becomes secondary, and only the imprintee is left to matter, leaving us with a deep need to do anything to please and protect our soulmate." You finished with a small smile on your face.

You looked up at Clary and she looked stunned at your words.

"Who have you imprinted on?" Clary asked, hope in her eyes and tone as she asked.

You didn't know how to tell her. And so you decided to just be honest, and hope she reciprocated your feelings.

"You, Clary. I've imprinted on you." You turned to face a shocked Clary, her mouth agape.

"I've known since we first started going out. I knew you were special. And the more I got to know you, the truer and deeper my feelings became." The words flowed from you like a waterfall, as both yours and Clary's eyes wet with tears.

"Y/n, I'm glad it's me you imprinted on." Clary beamed at you, her hand intertwining with yours.

"I love you, Y/n." Clary grinned, her hand giving yours a gentle squeeze.

"I love you too, Clary." You leaned in and placed a kiss to her lips, filling the previously cold atmosphere with only passion and love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: this was a request, and sorry I'm just getting to it. I had to use some help with all the definitions, lol. That was the last request on the list! Requests open as always! I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading! 💋💋

-G