Fourteen: Head Over Heels and RESETs

The night was spent chatting, laughing, and cuddling. The movie was great and Mettaton requested to watch the rest of the series.

But soon, your fun night came to an end. You felt yourself smiling as Mettaton held your hand and walked you to the door of your house.

"I had a really nice time tonight, Mettaton," you told as the two of you walked inside.

"As did I, (y/n)," Mettaton smiled.

"But now," a yawn interrupted you, "it's time for bed. I'm tired."

"Oh, of course, I should probably charge myself," Mettaton agreed.

"Yeah, so...thanks for tonight," you kissed his cheek and went off to bed.

You don't believe you just kissed a robot. You don't believe you kissed the love of your life. It was on the cheek, but still. You screamed internally and back flopped onto the bed, happy thoughts swirling in your mind. Butterflies flying in your stomach.

Mettaton's POV~

She just...kissed my cheek. She just...the girl of my dreams...oh my gosh. I touched the spot where her lips touched. I felt like I was at the top of the world! I felt a million Whimsums flying around in my torso.

I smiled and plugged myself in. I was so excited, I didn't even think I needed to charge. But I did anyway, I didn't want to worry (y/n) if I ended up losing battery.

I was head over heels in love.

????'s POV~

I was just at the ice cream shop getting some ice cream for me and Frisk, like I had promised him. I drove to the hospital, which wasn't that far from the ice cream shop. I had some questions for the little fellow.

I made it to the hospital and hurried to his room. I looked inside to see Frisk sitting up and watching tv. I smiled and knocked on the door lightly.

"Hey, kiddo," I greeted showing him the ice cream. "Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Vanilla, please," Frisk giggled. "Thanks, Zach."

"Anytime, little buddy," I smirked and pulled up a chair next to the bed. "So, uh, mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Ask away." He dug into his ice cream.

"Okay, um, so...I don't know what this is, but sometimes...in certain places I see a yellow glowing star, and...I don't know what it means. And sometimes, I get an option to RESET when I wake up in a bad mood. Do you have any ideas? You probably don't, you think I'm crazy."

"Actually, I have that same power, to save my progress, to RESET the timelines, it's not bad," Frisk explained.

"Timelines? What timelines?" I asked confused.

"Well, they're sort of like a...different world. Every time you RESET, you can change the story," Frisk answered. "I'm not the best one to talk about timelines with. Uncle Sans knows all about them."

"Hmm...interesting. Do people remember anything from the previous world after this reset?"

"Only you and anyone else with that power, and Sans. Everyone else...it's like a vague memory to them."

"Why does Sans remember and he doesn't have that kind of power?" I asked taking a spoonful of my own ice cream.

"I dunno, you'd have to ask him, but I think he's like the protector of the timelines or something like that."

"So, if I were to RESET right now, this world where monsters roam free, would restart?" I asked.

"Yes, I believe so. It would start right at the time the barrier opened, but that's if /you/ RESET. If I were to RESET, I would start from the very beginning, when I first fell down."

"Fascinating, I think you solved my problem..."

"There's something you're not telling me. What is it?"

Ugh, (y/n)'s not gonna like this...but he deserves to know the truth.

"Um...you know how you were in an orphanage?" I reminded him.

"No need to remind me," Frisk said quietly.

"Well...(y/n) and I, we...put you there," I told him hoping he was catching the hint. "We were too young to take care of a baby, so-"

"You and (y/n) are my parents!?" Frisk asked.

"Yeah, kiddo."

"Then that means...you and (y/n), used to be...together?"

"Yeah. Until she found out she was pregnant with you."

"So, I'm just an acci-"

"No, never think of it that way! She was a bit too young to have a baby and take care of it," I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't that we didn't love you, cuz trust me we loved you with everything we had. We were just too young."

"I understand, dad. Thank you for telling me," Frisk smiled.

"No problem, champ. I've got one more question for you then I'll leave you to rest." I hesitated a bit. "Do you think (y/n) and Mettaton are gonna hook up?"

"Probably. You miss her, don't you?" Frisk asked.

"Yeah, but she won't forgive me for what I did to her. Thanks, kiddo for the help."

I placed a kiss on his forehead and turned to leave. Before going through the door I said, "I love you, Frisk."

"I love you too, dad," he smiled and I left the hospital.

Hi everyone. Thanks for almost 500 reads. I'm sick or having allergies or something and I hate it. >~< I think this a pretty crappy chapter, but let me know what you think. Graduation's coming up soon. Who are my seniors!? June 20th is graduation so I probs won't update that Monday. Okay, well, making soup so I gots to watch it. See you on Monday!