Four: And The Answer Is...

You woke up finding yourself on the couch. You began to stretch, but couldn't because Mettaton's arm was around you.

"Mettaton, let go," you whined teasingly. The robot didn't reply, not even a twitch. "M-M-Mettaton?!"

You began to panic. You shook the robot, no reply. You slapped the robot, no reply. You turned the dial, nothing happened. You started crying because you couldn't think of what was wrong with him, but then stopped when you realized;

HE WAS A ROBOT THAT NEEDED TO CHARGE!!

You slapped yourself for being so emotional. You started looking for a charger. Why should you? He obviously knew he had to charge, so why didn't he? Maybe he left his charger in the Underground.

There was a knock on the door. You ran to open it. Opening it, you saw that lizard-like monster in the lab coat with a cord.

"Um, h-hi, I ahh n-need to see, um, Mettaton," she stuttered nervously, not once making eye contact with you.

You stepped aside and walked behind her, closing the door in the process.

You watched her move his fringe to reveal a USB port. She stuck one side in there and then plugged the other part to the outlet on the wall.

"ALPHYS!" He yelled in a panic. "I NEED MY...oh, Alphys, dear! Thank you!"

"Y-you know it's n-no biggie, Mettaton," the lady, apparently named Alphys, blushed. "I'm j-just happy I f-found you. I've been looking e-everywhere for you."

"Sorry, darling, but I made a new friend yesterday!" Mettaton smiled. "Alphys, meet (y/n), (y/n) meet Alphys. She's the one who invented me."

"How did you know he was here?" you completely ignored the greeting.

"Well, he's got a t-tracking device in his b-built-in cell phone a-and, uh...I set it up t-to send me messages concerning h-his battery life." Alphys explained.

"Tracking device? How come you couldn't find him yesterday if you were looking for him?" you questioned.

"It only texts me h-his location when his battery is extremely l-low."

"Oh...okay. Thanks for coming when you did. I kinda lost it when he wouldn't wake up," you giggled.

"Were you crying for me, gorgeous? Your eyes are a little red," Mettaton raised his eyebrow.

"Until I realized you were a robot that needed charging," you blushed. "And I find that we're really close friends and if I lost you-"

"Hey, I'm fine, darling," Mettaton pulled you into a hug. "No need to worry."

Now you smiled.

"Thanks. I just get too emotional in the morning," you laughed.

"That's cute," he snickered. "What time is it?"

"It's 10:30. We should, well I should get ready," you released your hug and left to take care of your hair and hygiene.

"So, Mettaton, where are you and (y/n) going?" Alphys asked.

"Oh, one of her best friends, Lucy, works at a tv studio," Mettaton explained, "so we're going to go to work with her and ask her boss if I can have a tv show."

"Oh...uh, listen, about that...are you sure you wanna do that?" Alphys asked twiddling her fingers.

"Why of course, dear, why wouldn't I?" Mettaton's smile faltered.

"Well, it's just...the humans are a little...they might not...have you watched the news recently?"

Mettaton frowned remembering the devastating news last night.