Ten: Nightmare and Breakfast

"This...burger is really something," you commented.

You didn't want to tell him how terrible it actually tasted.

"Thank you, darling! It's my own recipe!" Mettaton cheered with glee. "It's called a glamburger!"

"What's the difference...between a glamburger and a regular cheeseburger?" You had to stop yourself from gagging.

"Mine's more fabulous! Plus, mine is made with pink glitter, sequins, and glue!"

Your eyes widened in shock and you looked down at your burger to see pink glitter glimmering and white glue oozing out. You threw the burger down on the plate and ran to the bathroom feeling nauseous already.

"(Y/N)?" Mettaton called concerned. He heard you puking in the bathroom. "What is that god awful sound you're making in there!?"

Before you knew it, he was by your side.

"Metta...Metta-" you puked again, and that was the last of it...for now.

You flushed the toilet and took deep breaths. Mettaton looked really scared for you.

"What the heck did you just do? Are you-"

"I threw up...because it didn't agree...with my stomach...I'm pretty lucky to do that, heh," you breathed.

"What, the glamburger did that? But...but why?"

"I don't know about monsters...but humans can't eat certain things...glitter, sequins, and glue being three examples. If they do eat it, they get poisoned."

"POISONED!?! Oh my god! I didn't know! I'm so so sorry!" Mettaton hugged you and cried.

"Metta...it's okay, you had no idea," you hugged him back and comforted him.

"If I would've lost my best friend, I wouldn't know what to do," Mettaton sniffled and let go. "Wow, is my make-up and oil on you? I'm sorry, I'm too emotional...and dramatic. Ugh, why me!?"

"Mettaton, what're you talking about? It's fine to be emotional and dramatic. It's what makes you...you!" You placed a hand on his shoulder plate.

"I'm just a screw-up...a mistake...nobody cares," Mettaton broke down in tears again in his hands.

"Mettaton, snap out of it!" You yelled. "Don't be so insecure! You are absolutely amazing!"

"No...I'm sick and tired of these lies!"

As he yelled that, he started to change. He grew another pair of arms and an eye above is first one. Everything pink, turned to red. His shoulder plates, gloves, thighs, and boots grew spikes. His heart turned red and the case cracked along with his chest plate. His hair had split ends and eyes were yellow.

You were shocked, slightly scared about what was going on.

"This world doesn't need a star," his hand was over the self-destruct button.

"NO!" you cried.

You woke up with tears falling down your face. The robot was next to you, holding you close. You hugged him back and sniffled. The robot's eyes flickered on. He looked down at you.

"Hello, darling, up so soon?" He giggled until he realized you were crying. "What's wrong?"

"I almost lost you," you cry-whispered and hugged him even tighter. "It was a nightmare."

"Aww, it's okay, darling, I'm right here next to you on this couch hugging you, there's no way I'd leave you."

"You weren't going to leave...you were going to self-destruct yourself," you sniffled.