Thirteen: For You

You woke up in your bed. Friday approached you quickly. You sat up and sighed, remembering what happened yesterday. Mettaton's sobbing had put you to sleep.

"Mettaton?!" You called out, but when you didn't hear a reply, you picked up your phone and noticed he'd uploaded a new video on YouTube titled, "For (y/n)."

You plugged in your earbuds and watched the video.

"Hello, beauties and gentlebeauties," Mettaton sat down in a swirly chair normally. "So, I know it's late and all of you are sleeping, but...I just have to get this off of my chest."

He took an unnecessary deep breath and started to leave his body, revealing his ghost body.

"I'm a ghost, everybody!" He fake-enthused. "I had my scientist friend from the Underground build this body for me so I could be a tv star. I hope you all will still accept me for who I am! Remember, looks don't make a person!"

He cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Okay, so there's another secret I've been keeping from my viewers and my very special friend, (y/n). It goes back to when we first met last week when monsters were freed from the barrier. Um..."

He seemed to get a little nervous. Mettaton was never nervous!

"On the previous episode, I mentioned that I had fallen in love with someone," he started. "That someone...is (y/n), and...I'm not sure if she's going to see this video, but I just wanted to put that out there. She's going through some hard times right now and she's very frustrated about feelings. Can you guys help me? Leave an encouraging comment down below. Well, that's all of the secrets I've been hiding, so that's the end of this video. Thank you all so much for watching and I'll see you next time. I promise it won't be as serious. Later, darlings!"

You were speechless. He risked losing all of his subscribers for you. He...he liked you more than a friend.

He loved you.

You put your phone on your desk and hurriedly looked into the living room. He was sitting there watching tv with Alphys. You got dressed and took care of hygiene. You grabbed your phone, put it in your pocket, and walked out.

Mettaton was the first to notice you.

"Morning, love," he smiled.

"Ah, g-good morning, (y-y/n)," Alphys waved.

"Good morning, you two," you replied and sat down in the other chair. "Hey, Metta, I'm sorry about last night."

"Oh, it's alright. I knew there were a lot of things going through your head."

"I also watched the video you made last night."

Mettaton instantly blushed. "Uh...um...yeah, heh, it's okay if you don't feel the same...heh, but I would still like to ask you to go out to dinner with me...heh, a-and it's fine if you say no because we're still, uh besties and-"

"Mettaton, it's okay. Guys get feelings, it's fine," I giggled at the rambling robot. "And I'd love to go to dinner with you. When?"

"Tomorrow at 6?"

"Okay, tomorrow at 6," you smiled. "Oh, and I also like how brave you were to risk losing your subscribers."

"Huh?" Alphys asked, after her little silent fangirl moment.

"Thanks. I did it all for you. I didn't wanna keep anymore secrets," Mettaton told you.

You smiled even more. "Just for that, I'm cooking you breakfast today. Alphys, want anything?"