Kacy shrugged "Nothing really" he mumbled, downplaying his feelings. "We cool though"

"It gotta be more. She had ya son, nigga" Kenton laughed.

"Just a trick gone bad"

"Damn, well let me hit then if that's all it is"

Kacy clenched his jaw "Nah, she ain't on that. Just chill"

"I got ways of getting what I want"

Kacy chose not to speak on that. He clenched his fist but sighed, releasing it "What's the plan for today?"

"Same as every other day. Just chill"

****

Kacy walked upstairs to his bedroom and inhalded, breathing in Karma's scent that still lingered. He pulled out his phone and dialed her number, getting the voicemail.

He just wanted to hear her voice. See his son that he hasn't seen since the day he was born. That's all.

But with the way he'd been acting with Kenton, he knew Karma wasn't about to let none of that happen. He sent her a text, hoping to get a reply.

I'm sorry , forgive me please. I love you Karma.

After an hour passed by and he hasn't received a reply but seen she read the text, he tossed his phone to the side and fell asleep.

Karma, however , read the message and ignored it. She so badly wanted to reply. So badly wanted to invite him over, hold him and love him.

But she knew he wasn't ready.

The next morning, everyone met up at Morgans place again. In the backyard, music was playing and everyone was sitting around the pool. Karma was feeding Keegan when Kacy and Kenton walked through the door.

"Who invited them?" Ash mumbled as she passed baby Morgan more chips.

Karma looked over and Kacy was already looking at her. They clearly missed each other, more than anyone could imagine, but right now wasn't the time.

No time soon would be the right time. Kacys eyes wondered her body but his eyes landed on her hand. Her ring wasn't on. Just as he was about to make his way over to her, Kenton put out his hand and stopped him.

"Let's get a drink"

"Ion drink K"

"Lil bitch ass" Kenton mumbled as he walked over. Kacy looked at Karma one last time but noticed she was busy laughing with the girls.

"She aint paying me no mind" he mumbled to himself. Kacy made his way over to Dion and Morgan, who were by the grill. "Wassup"

"What's good nigga" Dion smiled, dapping him up. Morgan did the same and that shocked Kacy. He expected a cold shoulder from hus boys but was welcomed with opened arms.

Karma isn't the only one missing the old Kacy.

"What you been up to?" Morgan asked.

"Shit, chilling with my brother. Like old times"

"That's wassup. But listen, don't forget about about us, your son or your girl. Remember, your wife. Who just gave birth to your first son" Dion reminded him.

"She aint worried about me. Look at her" all their eyes were on Karma as she played with Keegan and he laughed.

"Go speak to her"

"Nah" he mumbled. After all the stuff he spoke about Karma to Kenton, he wasn't about to look like no bitch in front of his brother. His eyes wondered over to Karma again, who was walking inside the house.

Kenton followed behind her.

Karma sat Keegan in his bouncer and sat in the couch to remove her shoes when Kenton walked inside. He sat on the couch beside her and looked at Keegan.

"He looks just like Kacy" he smiled "For a trick, you was very faithful to my nigga"

"Huh?" Karma asked "A trick?"

"Yea, that's what Kacy said. A trick gone wrong"

"Excuse you but I'm his wife. Far from a trick"

Kenton went to grab Keegan but Karma grabbed her son first. She went to stand up until she was pulled back down "don't put your fuckin hands on me" she yelled.

"Or what? You gonna tell Kacy?"

Kenton laughed and put his hand on Karma's thigh just as Dion and Morgan walked in with food in their hands. They watched as Karma pushed his hand away and he went for it again.

"Aye nigga, the fuck you doing? " Morgan yelled, sitting the food down.

"Get ya hands off her"

"Hold on y'all, it's my turn now." Kenton laughed as he leaned closer to Karma, who slapped him with all her might. Angrily, Kenton threw a fist at Karma, knocking Keegan from her arms.

She payed no attention to the pain as she went and picked up Keegan, who cried loudly from the pain he was in. Kacy ran inside, seeing Morgan and Dion rough up his brother then throw him to the wooden floors.

He looked at Karma, who has blood spilling from her nose and his son, who cried hysterically. He put the pieces together.

His brother hit Karma, making Keegan hit the ground.

He rushed over to his wife and grabbed her hand, helping her up. They locked eyes and Kacy used his shirt to wipe away the blood from Karmas face. She winced a little as she gently rocked Keegan to silence his cries.

"You good?" He mumbled, looking at Keegan. He wiped his sons tears away as Karma nodded "We should get him to the hospital. And your nose and eye need to be looked at"

Kenton was thrown out the front door. He laid on the door step, groaning out in pain as he called for Kacy.

"Bring ya ass on" he yelled "We out this bitch"

But Kacy couldn't hear him. He was busy making sure Karma and his son was fine. Kacy gently grabbed Keegan and held him close and pulled Karma close.

"Kacy!" Kenton yelled as he stood up and leaned again the door frame"Let's go!"

Kacy began to pull away from Karma but she held into him. "Karma, I have to go"

"Kace please" she mumbled. All eyes were on him as he passed Keegan back to Karma. "Kacy, I'm your wife"

"Fuck her K, let's go man"

And Kacy listened. He looked back one last time at Karma and Keegan. "If you leave Kacy, I won't be here when you get back. I'll file for divorce. "

Those words left Karmas mouth with so much pain. She wished, hoped and prayed that Kacy would stay.

But he didn't.