Dead Personality;

Riley Matthews

It's been a few days since I kissed Farkle. I don't even remember why I did it in the first place. Yeah, the kid is  nice and treats me well but why is it that he and I have a connection of some sort.

When I kissed him it was different and I don't know what made it feel that way. I don't even know the guy that well so why does it feel like this?

"Riley!" A familiar voice cheered from behind me. I groaned and turned around to see Pete.

Pete Homes is a guy who has been bugging me for years to go on a date with him. Pete always thought we were a 'thing' and had a connection, but no. If anything I highly disagree. He scares me so much and I wouldn't ever date him.

"Pete..." I said awkwardly and he flashes a smile. I closed my eyes and cringed a little.

"So... How about that date, huh?" He said while I turned around and started grabbing my things.

"What date?" I asked as I slowly turned around.

"The one you asked me out on." Pete said in a obvious tone but I was completely lost. "Maya came up to me telling me you wanted to go on a date."

I felt my blood boil. How dare she do this to me? She knows that he makes me uncomfortable and uneasy. I wanted to cry. If I turned him down everyone would hate me more than they already do.

"Right." I said and he smiled. I was dying inside. I couldn't believe this.
"Tonight at 7:30 pm."

"Sounds good... I can't wait to see what happens." He said in a creepy tone before walking away. I took a deep breath and left for class.

• • • •

Usually I would get ready for dates with Maya but I'm all by myself this time. I hate getting ready by myself so I decided to see who I could call to help me. I scrolled through my contacts but found no one.

At this time I realize that I'm on my own, I have nobody. I felt myself feel sick and I didn't want to go even more.

There was a knock at my door and I answered to see Pete. I was pretty much ready but I felt awful.

"Hey, you look... Great." He smiled and I just kept my same upset expression on my face.

"Thanks..." I said quietly then looked down at my feet. It was silent for a minute.

"Riley..." Pete said and I looked up and fake half smiled.

"Mhm" I hummed a response and he stepped back a little. He didn't look bad, he cleaned up nice.

"I don't think we should go out tonight." Pete said in a sympathetic tone. I was completely confused.

"What, why?" I said looking up at him. He was pretty tall but Farkle was taller. "You've been asking me out on a date for almost four years and your going to cancel it now?"

"Listen you don't seem interested even when you asked me out, your not really anything anymore-" he said loudly and in a stern tone.

"What do you mean?" I cut him off. Even Pete thought I am alone.

"I used to like you because everyone else did, because you were popular and a dream girl to have under anyone's arm. You were like a trophy whoever won you would flaunt it... I wanted to flaunt you, but now that your nothing I don't want you." He said while staring into my soul. It's like he wanted to make me feel worse.

"You're still really hot and everything but I feel like your personality died and I'm sorry about it, I really am." He said and I felt as if I was going to start bawling my eyes out "bye Riley."

He left and I shut the door and started to cry. This is probably how everyone feels about me. I'm dead and a nothing.  I just wanted my life back.

I thought about what I could do to become popular again, to become liked again. The only way for that is to be like all the other popular girls. I need to go shopping.

---