Soldier! Father! Yamaguchi Tadashi x Adult! Mother! Reader (I Will Wait)

[A/N] For ahxhime. Not exactly what you had requested tho but I hope this makes up for it~♡
...............................................................
I will wait, I will wait for you

"Mama?" a child-like voice spoke. A little girl crouched next to the woman who sat at the short set of stairs.

"What is it, Takari?"

"What are you doing?" the smaller asked, putting a small flower crown on her mother's head.

"Just sitting around," came the reply.

"But you've been sitting here for a long time every day though..." Takari mumbled. "Can you please tell me why?" the child insisted.

"I'm waiting."

"Oh..."

There was a never-ending silence as the child fidgeted and bit her lips.

"The war ended two years ago..."

"Mm... I know."

"I don't think he's returning, Mama..."

There was another silence as the freckled girl with dark olive hair clenched her tiny fists. "Why do you still wait?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

(F/n) sighed and turned to the girl. She gave a soft, tender smile and brought the girl closer to her. Takari put her head on (F/n)'s shoulder.

"Because I made a promise to wait for him," came the simple reply. There was another short silence.

"Then... I'll wait for Papa too."

"We'll wait for him together, okay?"

"Okay. I hope he comes back home soon... He promised to come back with Uncle Tsuki."

Behind them, the window was open, revealing a study room. On the table was a picture of a smiling man and woman with a happy child in their arms, three gold medals and a letter.

We regretfully inform you that Corporal Yamaguchi Tadashi and Corporal Tsukishima Kei were shot in action. We sincerely apologize for your loss.