Bokuto Koutaro x Reader (Celebrating with Owls)

"Where are we going, (F/n)-Chan?" Bokuto asked, bouncing in his seat as (F/n) maneuvered her car carefully through the traffic.

"Party," she answered, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration. She recently got her driver's license and waited for a special day to give her first passenger, Bokuto, a ride.

"Is it for my birthday?" he squealed happily. (F/n) chuckled and gave a nod.

"Where's the party?"

"You'll see," and with that, (F/n) ended the conversation as they moved to a more rural side of town.

"Where's the party?" Bokuto asked again, confused on why the skyscrapers had turned to endless blur of green. (F/n) gave a smile and reached for Bokuto's hand.

"Patience, darling. It will be the best celebration yet~" she assured, rubbing her thumb over his knuckles. That gesture was enough to calm him down as he stared love-struck at her. (F/n) gave a giggle and entered through a lane.

"A bird park?" Bokuto asked as (F/n) drove through the arch that greeted tourists that wanted to spend their weekends there. (F/n) nodded and gently led her boyfriend to the front desk where a friendly male greeted them with a smile.

"Hello, Reservation for the O.W.L~" (F/n) said, pushing a piece of paper to the man. The clerk scanned the document and gave a wide smile.

"Right this way, sir and ma'am," he said politely and opened a door for them to go through.

"(F/n)-chan, what's going on?" Bokuto whispered as the man checked his belongings. (F/n) said nothing but gave a wide smile. Soon, the man led to an extremely large aviary with an owl cartoon on the door.

"Have a great birthday," the man said showing them in.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOKUTO!!!" everyone shouted the minute Bokuto entered. Everyone from the volleyball teams were there. Karasuno, Aoba Johsai, Nekoma, Shinzen, Shiratorizawa, Fukurodani and countless other schools and friends.

But the most amazing part was the number of trained owls that dropped confetti over the birthday boy. Two of them held a light-weight banner wishing Bokuto happy birthday. One dropped a party hat decorated with owls onto his head and landed on his shoulder, giving a fond rub against Bokuto's cheek.

Bokuto stared agape at the flying owls as they pushed him to his table decorated with mini cute owl plushies. "Wow! This is so amazing! Who did all this?" he asked in wonderment. Everyone turned to (F/n), who gave a blinding smile.

"Do you like it, Kou?" she asked. Bokuto laughed and gave (F/n) a huge bear -or in that case, owl- hug.

"Are you kidding? I absolutely love this!"

"Haha, you better! It was really tough pulling this all together. You deserve this," (F/n) said fondly, pecking him lightly on the lips.

"No, I deserve you! The best girlfriend in the world!"

"Bro, stop being so cheesy, man! Let's enjoy this party!" Kuroo cheered, popping in between his best friend and (F/n). (F/n) laughed and pushed him away so he could talk to his friends.

"Ne~ (F/n)-chan. That was a great idea. Using owls to celebrate his birthday. Look how at home he is with these little cuties," Yukie laughed, playing with a baby one.

"I think one has taken a huge liking to Kou," (F/n) smiled as another baby owl which coincidentally looked like Bokuto constantly called his attention and stuck to him like glue. Of course, Bokuto could not resist its cuteness and had a great time playing with it.

Soon, it was time for cakes! Bokuto's favorite. "Cake! Cake! Cake!" he chanted as (F/n) and Yukie carefully placed a huge cake enough for the number of people at the party in front of him. The cake obviously was in the shape of an owl and a volleyball.

 The cake obviously was in the shape of an owl and a volleyball

Bokuto nearly cried at the sight of the cake. He gave (F/n) another huge hug, crying out that he had the best girlfriend in the world again. (F/n) chuckled and told Bokuto to blow out the candles. The owls were not left out as (F/n) and the managers cut out bits of the cakes so the guests could feed the owls.

Present time was Bokuto's favorite as well. The guests let the owls give the smaller gifts to Bokuto in their stead. With the number of owls flocking him, he looked like the Prince of Owls. Everyone couldn't resist taking pictures of Bokuto's smiling face as the owls placed the gifts on his table. The much larger and heavier ones were given by the guests themselves.

The party, overall was a huge success. As the guests left, the owls did their final jobs in giving out the goodie bags and called out goodbyes in their owl language. Bokuto slumped at his chair, a contented smile on his face.

"So, enjoyed yourself?" (F/n) asked fondly as she stood over him. Bokuto pulled her onto his lap, earning a squeak from her as he nuzzled into her hair.

"Yes, very. Thank you so much, (F/n)-chan. I love you," he mumbled, giving her a quick kiss.

"I love you too, my cuddly little owl~" (F/n) sighed in satisfaction.

As they got up to leave and thank the management for letting them hold the party at the park, Bokuto felt a light tug on his shirt. The baby owl he had played with cooed up at him with its wide eyes. It looked sad to see Bokuto go. It flew and landed on Bokuto's shoulder and nuzzled its beak into Bokuto's cheek.

"Aww, it looks like it doesn't want to leave you," (F/n) said as she gently stroke the young owlet.

"*sniff* I don't want to leave it too," Bokuto teared up as the owlet moved nearer. One of the park ranger approached them and tried to coax the owlet to go back but it refused. He had to call the manager of the bird park to settle the problem.

The manager, Saito-san, came with a pleasant smile. After much discussion with (F/n) as Bokuto played with the adorable nocturnal creature, Saito-san and (F/n) turned to Bokuto with large and radiant smiles.

"Kou, there's one more present for you on behalf of the bird park team," (F/n) said gently. Bokuto looked up questioningly at her from where he crouched. "You got yourself a new pet~" she giggled. Cupping the owlet into her palms, she gave a quick kiss on its head. "Welcome to the family~"

Bokuto's eyes lit up and glomped (F/n). "Thank you so much, (F/n)-chan! You're the best!" he cheered.

"Don't thank me, silly. Thank them," (F/n) laughed, gesturing to the bird park team in charge of the aviary.

"Thank you!" Bokuto said, bowing low to them. Saito-san laughed.

"Ie. We're the ones that is supposed to be thanking you. Thanks for your girlfriend's idea, we decided that we can hold bird-themed birthday parties. The owlet is just a gift of gratitude. Now if you come this way, (L/n)-san, we need you to sign some papers and we'll give you the basics for taking care of owls two months after we're done," Saito-san gestured.

(F/n) left Bokuto to continue playing with the owlet. "I'm so lucky, ne. To have a girlfriend like (F/n)-chan, right?" Bokuto whispered to his new pet which gave an approving chirp.