Tsukishima Kei x Reader (Do you hate me?)

In his whole life, Tsukishima never thought (F/n) would be this quiet for such a long time. Normally, she would talk his ear off about anything from the latest school gossip to political issues. Even in class, she would drive the teachers insane with her constant questions. She even chatted with her friends even though it was bed time through phone calls. Everyone listened to her when she spoke.

So it really surprised Tsukishima (even if he didn't show it) to see her silent for the whole day, not uttering a word. Her friends didn't notice as they talked among themselves loudly though she was right in front of them. He would not have noticed if Yamaguchi, the more observant one, had not pointed out.

"Tsuki... Do you think something's amiss today?" Yamaguchi hinted, eyeing the quite (h/c)-haired girl who gazed out of the window with dull (e/c) eyes. Tsukishima ignored his best friend which made Yamaguchi slightly frustrated. "You're a pretty bad boyfriend," he huffed.

Tsukishima raised his eyebrows at the freckled one. "How so?" Yamaguchi wanted to shake Tsukishima but kept it in.

"I don't know... I feel like someone's voice is not dominating the conversations today."

"... It won't last long," Tsukishima said confidently.

But it didn't. It continued the whole day from morning till evening. The teachers cast suspicious glances at the normally talkative girl. Maybe it was the universal sign to pick on (F/n), for once. The teachers kept asking (F/n) questions. Especially hard ones since she was really smart and could babble historical facts for hours. It always entertained her classmates since her teachers were boring while she was a joker, entertaining them.

"(F/n), Can you tell me about the Cold War?" the history teacher asked cautiously, expecting a dam of information burst out from her lips. Her classmates tuned in eagerly to listen. However, (F/n) shrugged her shoulders although the week before she went on about nuclear bombs and the tensions between Russia and the US. Her classmates gave each other questioning glances. (F/n) ignored them, preferring to rest her head on her folded arms.

During break when (F/n) walked away to spend alone time, her friends surrounded Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. "Tsukishima-kun, do you know what's wrong with (F/n)-Chan?" they asked in concern.

Tsukishima scowled. "Tch. How would I know?" he clicked his tongue. (F/n)'s friends frowned and moved away to discuss the matter. Tsukishima would refuse to admit but he was worried as well.

~*~

The walk home was silent. Normally it would be filled with laughter or whines when (F/n) would want to hold Tsukishima's hands or when she teased how he would lose to Hinata if he kept up with his dont-care attitude. But even as they walked side-by-side, there was a distance between them.

For some reason, (F/n) was the one who was listening to music instead of Tsukishima. Tsukishima stopped suddenly and the girl continued on. Normally, she would stopped with Tsukishima as well, asking him what was wrong.

(F/n) felt hands on her shoulders as Tsukishima spun her around gently. Gazing up at his amber eyes, (e/c) eyes blinked calmly at him instead of the usual "hey!" she would always say with a cute pout. Tsukishima pushed down the headphones so she could listen to him.

"You know, you're chattering is annoying but your silence is even more so," Tsukishima spoke. It was his way of asking what was wrong. But there was no answer. No arguments nor playful banter. Tsukishima gripped her arms tighter. "I'm asking what's wrong."

(F/n) averted her eyes and gave a small sigh. "It's nothing, Tsuki," she said softly. Tsukishima's face contorted into a fierce frown, a look not suitable for him.

"I'm serious. Tell me," he demanded.

"I'm serious. It's nothing," (F/n) hesitated, still looking away. Tsukishima gently nudged her face to look at him.

"Look at me, (F/n). I promise I won't judge. You can tell me," he coaxed, letting his normally cold wall slide down and concern show. Tears welled up in (F/n)'s eyes.

"T-Tsuki... do you hate me?" (F/n)'s question threw the titan off.

"W-what?"

"Do you hate me?" she repeated, fiddling on her headphone wire. "Because every time I talk, you look annoyed and tell me to shut up. Is it that you hate me? Cause if that's it, I don't think we should be to- mmph!"

Tsukishima cut her off by kissing her softly. (F/n)'s eyes widened at the sudden affection. Slowly, her eyes shut as she deepened the kiss. Tsukishima nibbled slightly on her bottom lips. She granted access without hesitation. Tsukishima gradually pulled back, staring into her (e/c) eyes.

"Stupid. I don't hate you. And I'm never annoyed with your voice and chattering. It makes you... you. I love your voice or I wouldn't have dated you in the first place. So don't ever, ever doubt yourself, okay?" he lectured.

(F/n) stared at him in daze. "Tsuki... You're so... cute!!!!" she squealed, glomping the taller male. "Thank you, Tsuki. I love you!!!!"