Chapter Twenty Three ⎯⎯ Avoiding the Shadow King

Start from the beginning

I walked towards the exit. But as I laid my hand on the door handle Neko called out, "You can't hide from them forever you know?"

I pause.

I close my eye shut and sighed.

'I know'

I quietly left the club room and made my way to the familiar court yard. A smile stretches over my face when I see my two favorite people waiting for me.

"Onii-chan! Taka-nii!" I called out.

They both turn towards me.

"There you are Mika-chan!" Mitsukuni greeted.

"Did you wait long?" I asked.

"No, we just got here." He replied back with a grin.

I turn my head to face my cousin. Revealing myself to Takashi was easier with Mitsukuni's help.

(Flashback)

After the whole security fiasco, the rest of the hosts and I decided to call it a night. I was collecting my stuff when I noticed Takashi and Mitsukuni looking over at me.

"Hey, Kyoya...I'll meet you at home alright?" I say to him as he passes by.

He raises an eyebrow before carefully answering, "Alright, but don't be too late. I want to talk to you when you get home."

I tense before sending him a fake smile.

"Got it." I call to his retreating back.

"Miso."

I blink before turning around. I was faced with my brother and cousin. I glance nervously down at Mitsukuni. He looked up at me and gave me an encouraging smile.

"H-Hey guys." I greeted, trying to hind my nervous tremor.

"Mitsukuni said you need to tell me something." Takashi stated with his usual calm voice.

"Need to tell you something?" I echo, stomach falling.

I look back at my brother and saw him shoot me stern look. I glance up at my cousin. I close my eyes and sigh.

Takashi deserved to know I was alive as much as Mitsukuni did. I knew this would be coming soon. I didn't know why I was feeling so nervous about it though...

I open my eyes and turn my head around to see if we were alone. Once satisfied with the absence of the rest of the hosts, I face my cousin with a confident expression.

"Takashi...I need to tell you something very important. Once I tell you this, I honestly don't know how you will react." I start.

A small, confused frown grows on his face and nods of me to continue.

I look back at Mitsukuni. He nods with a smile. Slowly, I reach for my wig. I look down, not wanting to seeing his expression, and begin to slide it off my head. I held my breath once my long, blue locks slid down my chest and back. I gulped and forced my nerves down.