― Monsters Near : 3

He would always wake up early each day despite not being the morning person that everyone thought he was. Ruffling his own hair, he forced himself out of bed and walked out of his bedroom to his working table, in the living room.

Rubbing his eyes using one hand and using the other to pick up the papers, it took him time to have a clearer vision of the words written on the papers.

"Guess that I have a long day today. Well, might as well enjoy it since it's my last day of work."

Placing back the papers on the table, he went to change his outfit without even showering seeing that he didn't sweat much during sleep last night. Plus, he didn't needed the cold shower wake up call because he was already wide awake and hyped to get his work done.

Snatching his keys, he grabbed his leather jacket and headed out. Before locking the door, he managed to look at the clean and very organized house of his. Shrugging his shoulders, he headed out.

Unlocking his car and opening the driver's seat, he dropped inside. Placing his hand on the steering wheel, he let out a long sigh. Starting the car, he quickly drove out of his parking lot.

The drive didn't take long because in a mere few minutes he arrived to his destined destination. Not even getting out the door, he waiting until he saw the silhouette of a guy he had business with.

Only pulling the lever to open up his bonnet, the guy placed a number of boxes into the bonnet. Hearing a loud slam, that was his cue to head out.

He was never the type to listen to music when he's driving but he decided to turn on the radio and listen to whatever song they'll play.

"Wow, music these days are just full of double meanings. And it's all about sex, heh. So thirsty and just downright pathetic." He rolled his eyes when he heard the lyrics of the song.

But he couldn't be bothered to change the frequency to another station and the upcoming similar songs became his company throughout the drive. During the drive, his eyes travelled between the road and the rings he wore.

Each one meant so much to him and the meaning to those these rings would probably be the reason to why he's doing a job like this. He couldn't blame anyone but him. He used to hate how this turned out. But he became too attached to live this lifestyle.

Being too familiar with the streets, he didn't realize that he already arrived in the first neighbourhood he wanted to be at. Driving at a slow pace to see which one of the houses would be the house written on the paper he looked earlier, he lazily looked at the house numbers one by one.

Stopping in front of the address he needed to be at, he stopped the car and pulled the breaks. Stepping out of the car, he managed to pull the bonnet lever before pushing it open. He was greeted with the very brightly wrapped boxes.

Well, presents. He's the delivery guy after all.

Taking two boxes, he carefully held both on one arm while he used the other one to close the bonnet. Walking towards the house with both boxes, he pushed the doorbell. In seconds, he was greeted by a cute little boy.

"Hi there." The boy said jollily as he sucked on his lollipop.

"Hey. I have a present for both you and your mum." He said and the boy listened carefully as the boy looked straight into his eyes.

"You don't look like the mailman and you're not santa. You're wearing black." The boy tilted his head, wanting an answer.

"I am santa's mailman. It's just santa let use wear whatever colour we wanted. And today, I wanted to wear black."