Chapter 14: Nightmares

"Camila, no!" I screamed at the top of my lungs,"You can't leave me!"

I shook her as she lay on the ground, losing her breath.

"Sh- Shaw" she coughed as she stuttered, her voice rasping and cracking every now and then. She finally got enough strength to clear her throat,"Shawn I have no choice. It's the end."

"You can't die on me! Stay strong, Mila!" 

"Goodbye Shawn."

And with those two words her grasp on his hand became weak, her eyes shutting, and her heart... Stopping.

CLAP!

Shawn jumped out of bed, into the rainy morning.

He opened the door and ran out in to the hotel hallway. He didn't even care he was shirtless and in sweatpants. 

He aggressively knocked on her door, opening it to the messy haired girl.

"What do you want?" she asked crankily, rubbing her eyes.

He ran into the girl and hugged her tight, gasping for air.

Camila opened her eyes widely and slowly put her arms around the boy.

"Woah, calm Shawn, calm..." she told him, as he continued to pant,"Your scaring me, stop!"

"I had a nightmare..." 

"Aww!" Dinah yelled from the back, as Camila and Dinah were having a sleepover.

Shawn immediately blushed and let go of Camila.

"Hey Shawn, where's your shirt anyway?" Dinah laughed.

Shawn entered the room and sat next to them, as Camila picked out two outfits.

"Should I go with the crop top and leggings or crop top and skirt?" Camila asked Dinah, holding them up for her to see.

"Why what happened?" Shawn asked, curious of what was going on. Camila simply layed the two outfits on her bed neatly.

"She has a date with Jacob." said Dinah, as Camila swallowed, looking down at her clothes. She had remembered what had happened with her and Shawn the night before.

RING! RING!

"One second," Dinah said,"My mom is calling me."

Dinah excused herself from the room, as Shawn and Camila stayed still awkwardly. Camila, without saying a word, sat next to Shawn, looking in front of them.

"I know exactly what your thinking about." Camila stated, looking at the floor.

Shawn looked at the older girl, and gently pointed her head up.

Shawn started,"Maybe-"

"What was your dream about?" Camila cut him off,"Tomatoes?"

Camila laughed, making Shawn laugh a bit.

"Believe it or not, it was about-," Shawn paused for a moment.

"Me." Camila said, staring at the ground.

"This is why I hugged you in the morning... God forbid this happened in real life, but I lost you. I tried everything to save you but you just-"

Camila grabbed his face, placing their foreheads together. She closed her eyes, and moved closer to Shawn, as he did the same.

Knock! Knock!

Camila let go of him, and slowly made her way over to the door.

She opened it to see Jacob.

"Hey, Mila." said Jacob, taking off his sunglasses.

"Oh.. hi." Camila replied, looking down at the floor,"Come in."

She held the door open for Jacob, as he went in and closed it gently.

"Shawn. Hi." said Jacob, awkwardly.

"Hi." Shawn responded.

"What is he doing here?" Jacob whispered to Camila, loud enough for Shawn to hear. Shawn stared upon Camila as she mouthed,"I got this."

"Oh, Shawn, he was helping me pick out what to wear." Camila said.

Camila gave Shawn a wink, before excusing herself to the bathroom to change. His heart stopped, even though he knew it meant nothing special. Camila Cabello just winked.

At him.

***************************************************

Jacob had taken Camila to a restaurant, which was some fancy place on the beach. Camila hadn't been to a lot of fancy places before, but she really appreciated it. She often prefered where Shawn would take her though.

After Jacob finished his lobster, and after Camila finished her popcorn shrimp, Jacob said,"I forgot, there's someone I want you to meet."

Camila thought, I swear, if he introduces me to his parents, I am gonna lose-

And there they were.

Mrs. and Mr. Whitesides.

"Mom, dad!" Jacob said, before motioning for them to come over.

"Aww, hello Jakey!" Mrs. Whitesides said before pinching his cheeks.

"And is this the lovely lady?" Mr. Whitesides said, looking at Camila.

"This is Camila." Jacob said.

"Nice to meet you. We aren't a thing-" Camila said.

"Yet." Jacob mumbled.