Chapter One: Stalking

I made sure I wasn't noticeable, sitting on the branch of a tree, covered by the leaves. I stared at Mack from her window, it seems as if she was going somewhere, as she was packing nearly two bags full.

Mack was finished packing and sitting on the bed to rest up until her phone rang. I couldn't exactly hear much of her conversation since her window was closed.

“..Finished packing..About you?” Is all I could hear her say from the outside. Wherever she was going, she was going with someone else.

I quickly climbed down the tree, I had to at least bring a shirt or two before she went off without me.

•°•°•

Mack went to the airport, I hid myself in the crowd, still keeping a close eye on her. A girl approached her, they probably were the same age.

She wore a red hoodie, and a grey necklace around her neck. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail, and wore glasses that made her seem like a nerd. She seemed normal as far as I could tell.

She smiled warmly at Mack, looking at her from head to toe.

“Damn, and right when I thought I was taller than you.” she whispered, somewhat laughing.

It's true, she was shorter than Mack by a centimeter, or maybe even more than that. I couldn't really tell from the distance I was at.

“Angel, come, I'll get your luggage.” Mack offered.

Ah, so her name was Angel then.

Angel looked surprised and didn't respond. Avoiding eye contact with Mack and turning red as she did so.

“What's wrong?” Mack asked, concerned. Angel started calming down, and took a deep breath to answer, “It's nothing.”

‘It's nothing’ my ass. She was clearly hiding something.

They both walked all the way to the car as I continued following. When they arrived, Mack carried and placed the luggage carefully in the trunk. Angel thanked her and started turning a bit pale.

Angel was starting to unlock the car, and moved closer to Mack. Too close. The both of them turned red and the car eventually unlocked.

They got in and started to drive to wherever they were going. Panicking, I stole a bike as fast as humanly possible and continued following them.

•°•°•

Turns out they were heading towards a hotel. By the time I was able to get inside, they were already in a room.

I asked the hotel register what room they were in. After a bit of lying, I managed to get an answer and checked where the room was.

Once I knew, I quickly went out to try and climb the window.

It was rather high, but I didn't really care at the moment. I eventually got to their window after a few minutes.

As expected, it was closed, there was only a small gap in the curtains I could peek through. Mack was lying on the bed while Angel sat beside her, still not really looking.

“Well, you've visited them before. Go hang out with them.” Mack smiled, changing to a side position.

“What about you?” Angel asked, looking at Mack's blue eyes with a worried expression.

Mack sighed, “I'm not feeling very well. That, and I have to rest for PAX.”

Angel smiled and nodded, getting up from the bed and tucking Mack in. They both waved goodbye as Angel slowly walked out the door.

I decided to leave as well, as I was exhausted from all the activities I've been doing.

•°•°•

As sun slowly rose up into the sky, I made my way back to their window to check up on Mack. They had already dressed nicely for something.

They got in the car and drove away as I followed. It seems like they were heading to that PAX thing Mack mentioned last night.

I didn't know what PAX actually was, but I'm assuming that it's a convention for something.

I followed behind the both of them as they approached the building.

“Look! It's LeeCatLover!” Some girls yelled, pointing out to Angel. I guess she's sort of famous.

“Good lord!” Angel muttered, running and taking Mack by the hand as they both laughed.

The guards didn't allow the fans, nor me, pass through just yet, which meant I had to wait for a few minutes.

Once I finally got in and made my way to the front, I saw Mack and Angel on stage.

Angel turned the microphone on and smiled widely, “Let's have some fun!” she yelled, punching her fist in the air. Everyone around me screamed and squealed.

Angel took out a small leather box and kneeled down, blushing harder than ever before.

“Angel? What are you doing?” Mack asked, too surprised to move even an inch.

“Mack,” Angel choked on her words, visibly tearing up, “Would you make me the happiest person in the world..by marrying me?"

I stood there, frozen. Those words echoed in my mind, my heartbeat getting faster, thinking of the possibilities of what Mack could respond with.

Mack covered her mouth as the fans squealed louder. “Yes. Yes, I will!”

I felt as if someone had just stabbed me in the stomach. I regret not interfering.

Should I have felt happy for them in that moment?

They embraced each other and kissed sweetly, “Mack, I love you so much.” Angel whispered, unable to hide her happiness.

“Yeah, I love you too.”

I ran out the building as fast as my legs could take me, starting to hyperventilate.

Do I have the right to feel jealous?

I'm so proud of myself :') rewriting this brought back lots of memories.
Reading the old version makes me realize that I actually got better at writing, thank god.

Hope anyone who read this enjoyed!