Ten

-EDITED-

I must've fallen asleep because I woke to tiny knocking on my door and birds singing at my window. I stand up and crack the crick in my neck, then walk over to the door and flip the lock. I open the door to Chloe in her pajamas and a tired look on her face.

"Daddy. Dere's a bwepy ting in yo room." A beepy thing? That could be a few things. It could be my alarm, or it could be a bomb but I don't think anyone would get past the 216 guards that rotate times around my house. And it's around the time that my alarm would be going off.

"Sorry baby girl." I say and pick her up. I walk to my room and the closer I get to it the more I can hear my alarm yelling. Chloe holds her hand over her ears when I walk into my room and whimpers while hiding her face in my neck. I turn it off an she takes her hands off her ears.

"Let's get you ready baby." I say bouncing her. She giggles and nods. I set her down to grab her clothes and she runs off.

I follow her and she runs to her bedroom door. She jumps to reach it but she can't. I grab her waist and lift her to the door handle and pause for a second when I notice I can feel her ribs a little too prominent.

"Alright go get your outfit" I say and she runs to her closet.

"Daddy. That one." She yells from her closet and I walk in to see her pointing to a little mini girl suit that Gabby picked out while helping us shop. I grab her little suit and she grabs some black strap on flip flops to go with. I grab her some under garments from her dresser and we walk to the bathroom.

We walk back to my room and into my bathroom. I set her clothes on the floor and close the door leaving a small crack to vent out some of the hot air.

"No daddy. I do it." She says pushing me.

"Not today baby girl. We have to hurry. And maybe when your a bit older Hun." I say and she pouts but nods.

"Mr. Emiliano. Your doctors appointment is in ten minutes. Your doctor will be here shortly." I hear the maid, Clara, say knocking softly on the door.

"Thank you Clara. Can you go get a pair of play clothes from Chloe's closet for me please?" I ask.

"Yes sir." She replies and I hear her walk off. I turn on the bathtub and let her take her own clothes off and help when needed. I lift her up and set her in the bath and shut the water off when it's at her waist.

I use some of her baby shampoo and conditioner in her hair and a loofa and some baby soap for her body. When I get her out and dry; I set her on the counter and check her rash while she plays with the rubber duck.

"Sir." Clara says and I open the door. She hands me a large shirt and I thank her. I help Chloe into her panties then into the large shirt that looks like a dress on her.

"Come on. Let's go see the doctor baby girl." I say and she nods. I walk down the stairs while gently but quickly brushing her hair and she holds tightly onto the duck.

"In here Alphonso." The doctor says from my spare office. I walk in and set Chloe on the desk between us. She looks up at him and scoots closer to me when he looks at her. I don't blame her. She was traumatized by six men cornering her and a man grabbing her.

"Right. What am I doing here?" He asks and I look up from Chloe.

"Exam. I just recently adopted her and I need you to tell me if she's malnourished, injured, that type of stuff." I say and he nods.

"Go see doctor Filipé" I say in a sweet voice and she shakes her head.

"Baby girl, do you want to go to work with daddy today?" I ask and she nods quickly.

"Then you have to listen. Ok sweetheart? Go let doctor Filipé give you a check up." I say softly and she nods hesitantly.

"Don't worry. I'll be here the whole time." I say and she nods scooting a little closer to him. He lifts her shirt to show her belly and feels around her stomach and below her ribs.

"Yeah. She's a little malnourished. Small for her age too. I'm gonna guess three but she could easily pass as a two year old." He says and I nod.

"Her eyes are fine. Her ears need to be cleaned but otherwise fine." He says and grads a cotton swab to quickly clean them.

"Her nose is fine, mouth and tonsils are fine. No signs of recent sickness. No broken bones in her legs or arms. No reactions to ribcage meaning she most likely doesn't have any bruised or broken bones there either." He evaluates while checking everything.

"Any rashes?" He asks and I nod.

"She had a diaper rash from the cream. She's allergic to one of the ingredients but it's better now. I know what to do with a rash so you don't have to check it." I say and he nods. He knows my past and my business line. He's one of the personal doctors in the Mafia.

"Um. No other rashes that I know of." I say and he nods.

"She's all fine. I advise giving her a little more food everyday till she's a little heavier. She's too light for her age but her size still a little too light. No major or drastic changes. Just add a little more every few days and she should be fine." He says pulling out a scale.

"Chloe Hunny. Stand up." He says and she stands up. He sets the scale on the desk and helps her stand onto it.

"29.3 lbs. yeah quite underweight for her age. But that's still a little underweight for her size too." He says and I nod.

"Stop adding food when she reaches at least 31-32lbs. That should be normal for her size." He says and I nod. He puts the scale back and hands Chloe a sucker. Her eyes light up and she looks at me. I nod my approval and she quickly grabs the now opened sucker from Filipé and shoves it into her mouth.

"Thank wou." She says and the doctor nods.

"Good bye Alphonso." He says picking up his bag and leaving. I look at Chloe who is already staring at me and lift her into my arms. I take her to my room and set her down.

"Alright. Go eat breakfast while I get ready." I tell her and she nods and runs out of my room.