TWENTY TWO

Kylie's POV

While sitting in class on this boring Friday, my phone vibrated. Thinking it was from my dad again, it was from Joe.

- We need to talk. Meet me in the parking lot during lunch.

  After constantly ignoring him since last week I agreed and walked outside, seeing him sitting in his car. I walked to him and got in the front seat. We had an awkward silence for about a minute.

"What do you want Joe? Don't bring me here to just be silent the whole time."

  "How did it go with your Dad?"

"I haven't talked to him since last week.  I just need more time to make sense of this." The next thing I knew I found myself ranting, pouring my issues out to him and he listened to every word or gave me advice.

"I'm just glad to see you're not crying because of me."

"It's not about us anymore." I muttered. My heart said otherwise.

"Kylie I don't like this, the cold shoulder between us. I want us to be close, if you let us. You're the only one stopping us." He explained. I scoffed and shook my head.

"It's hard. How can I be your friend after you kiss me like-" He cut me off and kissed me again, as much as I wanted to pull away I didn't, so I kissed him back.

"Like that?" He put his finger under my chin. I looked down and sighed.

"What did you actually want me for?"

"I actually called you out here to ask you if we could be discreet for now." He said.

"Excuse me? I never come second, asshole." I walked away and he pulled me back.

"Kylie hear me out. It'll work out in our favor. We can give it a try and then we can see how you feel about it. Please?" He grabbed my hands.

With hope in my heart I nodded, not even thinking at that moment of how bad this was going to turn out.

"Sure, why not?" He smiled and kissed me again but deeper. My eyes widened at his sudden burst of domination, so I pulled away and caught my breath.

"I can't help it, I get so excited when I'm around you." He touched my inner thigh and trailed his hands into my leggings. I slapped his hand and laughed.

"If you think you're going to finger me in the parking lot, you're mistaken."

"Okay, well come over later, and I'll do more than that." He kissed me before I exited his car, walking back into school knowing I couldn't wait until after school.

-

Since I didn't bring my car today, I walked outside after a few tests to make up after school and was about to call my mom until I saw Joe standing at his car on the phone. He looked around and his eyes laid on me. He smiled and waved me over while hanging up. I walked toward him and he pulled me to him with force, kissing me gently.