Fourteen

1 week later

That night exactly happened one week ago, and until now, we are quite not in the round to be a couple if that's what you call.

I basically met all of them which is nice for me since they aren't all that bad. I've been trying to live up my goals why I have been here; just to visit my cousin. But ya'll know what happened in a short period of time, everything kind of messed up for a while then but right now, I can assure you everything is falling to their own pieces. At least that's what I thought.

My phone vibrates from the night stand 'causing me to jolt up from my bed. Claude has texted me finally.

I met a girl around my age while I was wandering through the streets of North Carolina 'cause that day exactly happened after the night Shawn 'dumped' me. I happened to just get my head off of things and why not live a little. She bumped into me 'causing us to stumble on the ground and laugh hilariously and just frolicked standing up. That's actually how our friendship started.

I grab my phone but then blinding my eyes from the light. It's midnight and I am still awake I don't know to be honest. I scratch my eyes a little bit, adjusting from the light coming from the phone.

Claude: "He broke up with me, I'm really sorry if I am bothering you in the middle of the night. 😔"

I sigh, she told me about Brant and they've been together for two years but unfortunately, Brant has been cheating on her from the past few months, repeatedly to be exact. I can't help but think that she is quite stupid for letting him in once more, and now, he did it again.

Me: "You are not. I can sense that you are acting really weird. He's a complete dick. I'm really sorry about that Claude."

I can feel her sobbing in pain, though it really hurts me to think that too. They were almost perfect.

Claude: "I just can't. I told him to stay and work things out but he doesn't want to, no matter how much I whined and cried in front of him."

Now that's not even right.

Me: "Come over tomorrow, we'll talk about it."

Claude: "I can't handle it anymore Ave. 😔"

Me: "Don't fucking do anything stupid right now. I'm serious."

Claude: "I won't, by the way, I haven't come to your house. How would I come over?"

Well at least she's being silly at this moment, I'm guaranteed she won't cut of harm herself.

Me: "My bad, I guess one of my friends had to pick you up. Or me."

Claude: "Make sure it is a girl."

Me: "Hmm, I don't know about that. 😉"

Claude: "So it's a guy then? I don't think I'll have to move on that fast."

Me: "Did I say I'll play the matchmaker?"

Claude: "Ugh, fine. If there's any chance you'll pick me up or just text me the address."

And then it hit me, all of the guys are gonna be here tomorrow.

Me: "Great, I think I might just pick you up. You better sleep now, got to sleep away Brant for good."